Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Work Out Supplements
I've found that Animal Pak works pretty well for me. I use it in conjunction with a protein shake I got at GNC called Bulk 1340. I can tell a difference between the plain workout and now with these. Sustains gains well. 

I've also been (kinda sorta) doing a high protein low carb diet. I've learned a hard lesson in my ignorance... this diet needs lots of water and inevitably some carbs otherwise very hard on hemorrhoids...
History is not dead to the man who would learn how the present came to be what it is.

In The Age Of Information, Ignorance Is A Choice.
I like animal crackers, but I have the feeling that isn't the same thing. Smile

I take Centrum for Men. My doctor started me on it a couple of years ago. The thing I noticed, I went from brittle nails, to strong fingernails and they grow like crazy. So, I guess whatever I was lacking the Centrum had it in it for me.
From my doctors over the years:

1. if you have leg cramps at night, take the cheapest potassium and magnesium tablets you can buy. Neither mineral stays in the body;

2. take tests for vitamin/mineral deficiencies. Was deficient in vitamin D, so I do workouts outdoors in shorts every day.

If vitamins work for you - just fine. Remember that certain nutrients can not be retained in the body.

3. If you are older and get old folks' blood spots on the arms, cut out the small or baby aspirin and change your diet to get more green leafy vegetables.
One word of caution, before cutting out the asprin, check with your doctor. Aspirin is effective with reducing your bodies ability to clot and the doctor may have you on the aspirin for a reason.
(04-24-2018, 06:10 PM)bdcochran Wrote: From my doctors over the years:

1.  if you have leg cramps at night, take the cheapest potassium and magnesium tablets you can buy.  Neither mineral stays in the body

This!

Most Americans are deficient in magnesium.  And by most I mean if you're reading this you're probably deficient.  It was in the 90% range.  There is also a magnesium gel that you can rub on your skin that works fantastic.  I use to suffer with bad leg cramps (Charlie horse).  Not anymore thankfully.

A magnesium powder called 'Calm' or 'Ionic Fizz' work very well also.  Can be a little tart but I find them tasty.  Too much will give you the runs so you'll have find what dosage works best for you.  Can definitely help keep you regular.
Governmental dependance makes for poor self reliance.

"What could possibly go wrong with a duct tape boat?"  Cody Lundin

The best defense against evil men are good men with violent skill sets.
Creatine Monohydrate is a great workout product.  The problem though is that some get bloated from it and you need to drink a LOT of water when using it.  And from what I've researched, the majority of creatine gets converted to creatinine (sp?) in the gut which is of no use and leads to that bloat and other symptoms that aren't good.

For years though I've been using Kre-Alklyn which is a ph-buffered creatine that doesn't convert to creatinine in the gut.  They say that 100% of the creatine gets absorbed into your system instead of like 10% for regular creatine monohydrate.  So 1.5 grams of KA is equal to 15 grams of CM.  

I've noticed strength gains when using KA.  Best of all it's a pretty inexpensive supplement.  You need to workout though to get the benefits from it.

Here is an example of what I'm talking about.  Shop around for the best price.

Amazon

What Are the Benefits of Kre-Alkalyn?
Governmental dependance makes for poor self reliance.

"What could possibly go wrong with a duct tape boat?"  Cody Lundin

The best defense against evil men are good men with violent skill sets.
While I've significantly reduced my contributions to the "supplement industry" who offers products using the "fairy dust" business model (a light sprinkling of an ingredient, versus the amounts actually used in medical/college testing), I still find it helpful to use some protein and other supplements.

One of my good friends is Hany Rambod, creator and owner of Evogen Nutrition. I've spent many an enjoyable hour sitting with him, and over a cigar, discussing supplements and their optimal use. His products are a rare find, and worth every penny. His sponsored athletes seem to do well for themselves, too.
I took creatine mono hydrate some. But ultimately stopped. If you don't drink a lot of water, it pulls water from other organs. Since my post, the little voice in the back of my mind got my attention, is what I'm taking really good for me? I mean, the Animal Pak does seem to work, the protein shakes seem to work but how healthy are they? I've got to looking up some ingredients of supplements and didn't like what I saw. The pill form of Animal Pak is rather ok... but has ingredients if I'm not mistaken that replace your natural immune system. I don't like the sound of that. Several powder versions contain a filler called Red 40 which is a carcinogen. I've dropped all supplements from my diet.

Meal prepping is the way to go. And water, staying amply hydrated. The natural method of working out and dieting work much better than the chemical fad running rampant in today's world.
History is not dead to the man who would learn how the present came to be what it is.

In The Age Of Information, Ignorance Is A Choice.