Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DIY shave butter

Governmental dependance makes for poor self reliance.

"What could possibly go wrong with a duct tape boat?"  Cody Lundin

The best defense against evil men are good men with violent skill sets.

Cool.
If I shaved, I would try this.
I use coconut oil on my beard when I am in the shower. I will coat the underside of my jaw as well. I shave that area while I am in the shower. I use a Gillette disposable and get about 3 months out of a blade. I keep a short beard of 1.5-2" and trim my mustache every 2 weeks.
Don't remember where I learned this but the source stated that it wasn't shaving that dulled a razor, it was the water that was left on it.  The source stated to always dry the blade and it would last an incredibly long time.  I started blowing on the razor after shaving to sorta air dry the blade before putting it up and have to say that I change a blade maybe once a year.  That's on the regular razors that you can change the head.  I'm doing the same thing with the new safety razor I got to see how long those types of blades last me.

(04-29-2018, 06:40 PM)David Wrote: Don't remember where I learned this but the source stated that it wasn't shaving that dulled a razor, it was the water that was left on it.  The source stated to always dry the blade and it would last an incredibly long time.  I started blowing on the razor after shaving to sorta air dry the blade before putting it up and have to say that I change a blade maybe once a year.  That's on the regular razors that you can change the head.  I'm doing the same thing with the new safety razor I got to see how long those types of blades last me.

Years ago when I used 2-sided (Gillette) blades I did this to prolong their life.
After shaving clean and dry the blade then put in into a small contained (I used an old Rx bottle) filled with cooking oil. Store the blade this way between shavings.
Blades will last for months. It really woks.
tbc.
I'm on the same original razor so far.  I simply take it out, rinse it, blot it dry and blow out the razor itself and put it back in.  I only shave that way two, maybe three times a week but the razor seems to be holding it's edge.  I'd guestimate maybe ten shaves so far on the same razor.