Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ruger LC9s Pro, First Look, First Shots.
Sold the EC9s and picked up an LC9s Pro because I really wanted to add a set of XS Big Dots to my uber small EDC gun. Seemed to work well enough and it IS a bit smaller than my 9mm Shield so it should fit the bill for those times when I really need to conceal my handgun even more than I can with my 45 or 9mm Shields.  Anyway, I'm posting at GunStreamer so you won't get the pretty thumbnail like when I post to YouTube. Enjoy.

https://gunstreamer.com/watch/sXRY4VRPomtZQG8
Glad you're liking your Pro Frank. Went shooting last Monday and took both my LC9 and my wife's LC9s and had a good time with them.  Hard choice between my LC9 and the G43 when I go for the compact carry.  Been gravitating more towards the G43 since I'm so use to that type of trigger but feel comfortable either way.

I can see the EC9 as a great 'spare' gun but agree that for a few bucks more it makes sense to go with one of the LC9's if you want to swap out the sights.  I did so on my LC9 and put the Truglo TFO sights and they are fantastic.  Very visible.

And as always...love your range!  Wink
Governmental dependance makes for poor self reliance.

"What could possibly go wrong with a duct tape boat?"  Cody Lundin

The best defense against evil men are good men with violent skill sets.
You can get an additional round in that G43 by picking up a MagGuts spring and follower. That'll give you the same 7+1 rounds that the LC9s has on tap. Thanks for watching my vid.
Suppose to be picking up another LC9s tomorrow morning.  Used but advertised in excellent shape with both a 7 and 9-round magazine (OEM), Hogue grip and some brand of kydex IWB holster for $275.  As long as the gun checks out I figure that is a good deal.

Be nice to have a second one since this is what my wife uses as her CCW gun.

Picked it up this morning and took it to the range along with my LC9 and G43.  The LC9s shot just fine.  Using the 9-round magazine I had a couple of FTF and one weird quasi-stovepipe where the entire unfired round was bullet up.  But it was only with the Perfecta 115 FMJ.  No issues at all with Federal 115 FMJ, Remington 115 HP or Gold Dot 124+P.  Eat all that up without a hitch.  Compared the Perfecta bullet shape with the other offerings and it was a tad longer than the Remington HP's and more rounded.  So figuring it just didn't like the Perfecta with that 9-round magazine.  

Can't complain with the accuracy with the LC9s.  Easily capable of head shots at 20+ yards.  It's a light gun so it does have recoil but that's par for the course with this type of pistol.  

Overall pleased and the wife gave it a thumbs up.  Figure since she already CCW's a LC9s this one can be a night stand gun for her.  That way, either way, she's familiar with the platform.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ruger LC9 7 and 9 round magazines David 2 80 05-16-2018, 06:03 PM
Last Post: David
  Nice Pair.................of Ruger Handguns. TN.Frank 0 149 02-25-2018, 04:04 AM
Last Post: TN.Frank
  Ruger 9E, awesome pistol at a budget price. TN.Frank 8 483 02-08-2018, 03:06 PM
Last Post: TN.Frank
  Ruger Security 9 David 2 250 01-16-2018, 12:18 AM
Last Post: mac66
  Ruger PC Carbine mac66 13 800 01-02-2018, 10:09 PM
Last Post: mac66
  Crappy $350 Ruger Ronin.45 6 958 03-30-2017, 08:05 PM
Last Post: Ronin.45