Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Local storage facilities
Do you know where the local storage facilities are? We have three here in our town that could have supplies in them in a SHTF type scenario. My guess is that most stores will be looted fairly quickly, but I'm not sure how many people think about checking these locations out? Realizing that these would be more for supplies such as tools and maybe the occasional dirt bike type items. I don't see these as places to find food, but I would say you that stand a decent chance of finding tools and usable clothing (understand the GAP is no longer open so you may have to wear grandpa's 1950's suit).

Anyway, just trying to think of places to look for supplies if the worst would happen and it is one that I hadn't really thought about.
(04-09-2018, 07:31 PM)bmyers Wrote: Do you know where the local storage facilities are? We have three here in our town that could have supplies in them in a SHTF type scenario. My guess is that most stores will be looted fairly quickly, but I'm not sure how many people think about checking these locations out? Realizing that these would be more for supplies such as tools and maybe the occasional dirt bike type items. I don't see these as places to find food, but I would say you that stand a decent chance of finding tools and usable clothing (understand the GAP is no longer open so you may have to wear grandpa's 1950's suit).

Anyway, just trying to think of places to look for supplies if the worst would happen and it is one that I hadn't really thought about.

Not a bad idea at all.  I have several around the house as well.  And in a SHTF situation they wouldn't be hard to get into individual units provided you can get through the gate.  Electronic gates will be down so they'd have to be circumvented another way.  

Wouldn't be a bad option for a shelter as well if needed.
Governmental dependance makes for poor self reliance.

"What could possibly go wrong with a duct tape boat?"  Cody Lundin

The best defense against evil men are good men with violent skill sets.
I do indeed know a few (Divorce learning! Hide your important stuff!!!)

That said - I might avoid them big time because of exactly that - the criminal element they could attract. However....

An EXCELLENT location for a cheap bugout/cache. Toss a cot, some sealed food, a light or two, and some other gear somewhere outside your region. emergency stores you don't need to carry, and outside of harms way, plus - shelter.