Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Holster/Leather gear making
(04-03-2018, 03:45 PM)fishingjeff Wrote:
(04-03-2018, 01:26 PM)mac66 Wrote: Here's a hint

[Image: E2pE9ZJ.jpg]

Coin "purse" holder

Bingo. Holds $10 worth of quarters. Can be conveniently used for self defense if needed.
(04-03-2018, 05:07 PM)mac66 Wrote:

Coin "purse" holder

Bingo. Holds $10 worth of quarters. Can be conveniently used for self defense if needed.

Does it leave a mark and/or break a bone on the bad person?
(04-03-2018, 11:02 PM)fishingjeff Wrote:

Coin "purse" holder

Well, of course not. it's like being in a pillow fight.
(04-03-2018, 11:48 PM)mac66 Wrote:
(04-03-2018, 11:02 PM)fishingjeff Wrote:

Coin "purse" holder

Well, of course not. it's like being in a pillow fight.
Good. At least it can't be traced to you. Well made and very nice looking piece of belt mounted accessories. A cc protection device in the open and financially stable.
I think my next project will be to make a holster for my Colt Hammerless 1903. Mine was made in 1926 and the original holster from that era is pretty beat up. It's over 80 years old. The question is do I try and duplicate the original (at least somewhat) or do I go modern (pancake, belt slide, open top etc) or stay somewhat conventional i.e, retaining strap or at least a thumb snap? It's not like I'm going to carry it much, but it neat to show it off once in a awhile.

[Image: y0mcQ8s.jpg]

BTW, it's a .32 acp

[Image: EHgfBw0.jpg]

Just a bit of history. The 1903 was kind of the first pocket auto and was very, very popular from it's introduction. It was a favorite of police and gangsters alike and is seen is just about every gangster movie up until the 1970s. It was also the first service pistol issued to General Officers in the US Military. Patton carried one both in real life and in the movie (when George C. Scott jumps runs out the door and shoots at the German plane). Production ended in 1945 but it continued to be issued to Generals until 1972 when the supply of them ran out. There was also a .380 version that came out in 1908 it was also issued at times to Generals. Although it is called a "hammerless" it is actually a single action auto with a shrouded hammer. It also has an external thumb safety and a grip safety. Pistols made after 1925 also had a magazine safety/disconnect. One could argue that it was the first truly modern auto pistol.
(04-09-2018, 04:10 PM)mac66 Wrote: I think my next project will be to make a holster for my Colt Hammerless 1903.  Mine was made in 1926 and the original holster from that era is pretty beat up. It's over 80 years old.   The question is do I try and duplicate the original (at least somewhat) or do I go modern (pancake, belt slide, open top etc) or stay somewhat conventional i.e, retaining strap or at least a thumb snap?   It's not like I'm going to carry it much, but it neat to show it off once in a awhile.

BTW, it's a .32 acp

Just a bit of history. The 1903 was kind of the first pocket auto and was very, very popular from it's introduction.  It was a favorite of police and gangsters alike and is seen is just about every gangster movie up until the 1970s.   It was also the first service pistol issued to General Officers in the US Military. Patton carried one both in real life and in the movie (when George C. Scott jumps runs out the door and shoots at the German plane).  Production ended in 1945 but it continued to be issued to Generals until 1972 when the supply of them ran out.  There was also a .380 version that came out in 1908 it was also issued at times to Generals.  Although it is called a "hammerless" it is actually a single action auto with a shrouded hammer. It also has an external thumb safety and a grip safety.  Pistols made after 1925 also had a magazine safety/disconnect.  One could argue that it was the first truly modern auto pistol.
Mac ,why not make 2. One could be a flap style for the field. Another idea is another Hunter style for general use/around the house. Next would be either IWB or OWB for concealment necessities.
(04-09-2018, 11:49 PM)fishingjeff Wrote:
(04-09-2018, 04:10 PM)mac66 Wrote: I think my next project will be to make a holster for my Colt Hammerless 1903.  Mine was made in 1926 and the original holster from that era is pretty beat up. It's over 80 years old.   The question is do I try and duplicate the original (at least somewhat) or do I go modern (pancake, belt slide, open top etc) or stay somewhat conventional i.e, retaining strap or at least a thumb snap?   It's not like I'm going to carry it much, but it neat to show it off once in a awhile.

BTW, it's a .32 acp

Just a bit of history. The 1903 was kind of the first pocket auto and was very, very popular from it's introduction.  It was a favorite of police and gangsters alike and is seen is just about every gangster movie up until the 1970s.   It was also the first service pistol issued to General Officers in the US Military. Patton carried one both in real life and in the movie (when George C. Scott jumps runs out the door and shoots at the German plane).  Production ended in 1945 but it continued to be issued to Generals until 1972 when the supply of them ran out.  There was also a .380 version that came out in 1908 it was also issued at times to Generals.  Although it is called a "hammerless" it is actually a single action auto with a shrouded internal hammer. It also has an external thumb safety and a grip safety.  Pistols made after 1925 also had a magazine safety/disconnect.  One could argue that it was the first truly modern auto pistol.
Mac ,why not make 2. One could be a flap style for the field. Another idea is another Hunter style for general use/around the house. Next would be either IWB or OWB for concealment necessities.

Yeah, I thought about that.  I don't typically carry this. in fact the only time I've ever carried it is when I teach a class. It's kind of a conversation starter with students. 

At this point I've been thinking about something similar to the the holster I made for my SR22 but with a different retaining strap and maybe cut a little different. I've also been researching other types of holsters that were made for these pistols back in the day to see if anything strikes my fancy.
Looking around the internet I found this holster so I am now thinking of making something like this...but in the same way I made the SR22 holster but not wet molded.

[Image: laNJanR.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bow making ghost 7 1,638 02-15-2018, 12:33 AM
Last Post: JRSC
  Making 300 Blackout Brass is Easy. TN.Frank 0 236 12-12-2017, 06:46 PM
Last Post: TN.Frank