Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Holster/Leather gear making
Almost done. Besides making a couple mistakes they turned out pretty good. Just need a bit of finishing around the edges then dyed which will cover up the boo boos. That's the RM380 on the left, LCP on the right. They are actually close enough in size that they will fit both holsters, though the RM being thicker is a lot snugger. I probably only have enough dye to finish one. The other will have to wait until I can get back to Tandy Leather next week.

[Image: cTOmoFC.jpg]
This one is done. Turned out pretty good Been wearing it around all morning. The LCP is such a small, light gun that you forget you have it on. The holster is pretty comfortable and the bottom is just about even the bottom of your belt line. And yeah, it only came with one mag. Going to have to pick up another.

[Image: 4ySz2ax.jpg]

Haven't finished the other one. Debating whether to use the same dye since I have enough to finish it or wait to buy some more of the lighter brown or I could get black or some other color.
If you remember the SR22 holster I made first, I said that if I was to do it again I would make a pocket on it to carry an extra mag. That is the idea I carried over to the RM and LCP. Of course now that those holster have mag pockets I regretted not doing it for the SR. Long story short, I cut the SR holster apart and made a new back part with a mag pocket.

[Image: ufMUjGs.jpg]

Still needs some cleaning up and I am all out of that color dye but it will probably be done Tues or Wed when I get across town and can stop at Tandy Leather. Once it is dyed it will blend right in with the holster.

[Image: gvvH52S.jpg]

I think my next holster will be a belt slide with mag pocket for my LC9. I EDC that pistol with a belt clip IWB but rarely carry a reload for it. Have gotten kinda lazy. I am actually working on an adapter to wear that LCP holster IWB with detachable loops that fit through the belt slots.. That way I can carry the gun and extra mag together either OWB or IWB. If that works I will make one for the LC9 as well.
I think I'm done screwing around with this one...

[Image: FHRYNua.jpg]
The one for the RM380 is done. Already has some marks from wearing it around.

[Image: AK4I69V.jpg]
One of the fun things about leather is that if you can think of it you can probably make it out of leather....

Tues and Wed are Dad care days where I go over and take my dad to visit my mom, take him out to lunch, then to the exercise room. His stroke has left him primarily wheel chair bound, paralysis on his left side, and blind in his right eye. He also has macular degeneration in his left eye as well as a stroke induced blind spot. While is he sometimes confused if I can get him talking about hunting and shooting he gets right on the ball. He was asking me if I was going turkey hunting this spring (I'm not this year) which led to a conversation about hunting in general and carrying guns, pistols etc.

I showed him some photos of the holsters I made recently that had mag pouches on them. That reminded him that he sometimes carried a Ruger 22 auto pistol while hunting. He said he always wished he had an extra mag holder to go with that pistol/holster.

He can't see, is wheel chair bound, very shaky and is unlikely that he would ever carry that pistol again but he is so optimistic despite his condition I told him I would make him a mag pouch.

The holster is an old Hunter holster, very thick leather with a dark brown color. I found a piece of old scrap leather and cobbled a mag pouch together today. I'll take it to him Sunday when we visit on Easter. Turned out okay. I think he'll get a kick out of it.

The scrap leather I had (at the top of the photo) was about the right color but turned out darker with the coating I put on it but it's close enough.

[Image: aOBlxsC.jpg]

I made it so it would just slide on the front strap.

[Image: npgoqDK.jpg]
(03-24-2018, 06:08 PM)mac66 Wrote: This one is done. Turned out pretty good Been wearing it around all morning. The LCP is such a small, light gun that you forget you have it on. The holster is pretty comfortable and the bottom is just about even the bottom of your belt line. And yeah, it only came with one mag. Going to have to pick up another.

[Image: 4ySz2ax.jpg]

Haven't finished the other one.  Debating whether to use the same dye since I have enough to finish it or wait to buy some more of the lighter brown or I could get black or some other color.

I like that one quite a bit.  I like having a spot for the extra mag available.  Very nice.
Governmental dependance makes for poor self reliance.

"What could possibly go wrong with a duct tape boat?"  Cody Lundin

The best defense against evil men are good men with violent skill sets.
Here's a fun one.... Let's see is anyone can figure out what it is.

[Image: EMw1KnL.jpg]

The flap flips over your belt and then snaps to the body of the pouch.

[Image: rzWdvlE.jpg]

[Image: JHjlwYS.jpg]

The top can be used to hold it. and there is a narrow slot along the inside edge just below the flap.
Here's a hint

[Image: E2pE9ZJ.jpg]
(04-03-2018, 01:26 PM)mac66 Wrote: Here's a hint

[Image: E2pE9ZJ.jpg]

Coin "purse" holder

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Making Knives this weekend! ric0123 4 240 09-09-2018, 11:14 PM
Last Post: ric0123
  Bow making ghost 7 2,187 02-15-2018, 12:33 AM
Last Post: JRSC
  Making 300 Blackout Brass is Easy. TN.Frank 0 371 12-12-2017, 06:46 PM