Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any super bowl boycotters here?
Am I the only one?
History is not dead to the man who would learn how the present came to be what it is.

In The Age Of Information, Ignorance Is A Choice.
Nope, you're not alone.
Governmental dependance makes for poor self reliance.

"What could possibly go wrong with a duct tape boat?"  Cody Lundin

The best defense against evil men are good men with violent skill sets.
No I not watching either
Have no use for those overpaid egotistical idiots. Same goes for basketball and baseball thugs. No longer a sports game. Has become a "HEY THERE YOU FOOLS I'M THE GREATEST THERE IS". Spend your money for tickets and memorabilia.
I didn't watch, didn't know who won until I was on the treadmill this morning watching them tear up Philadelphia, so I assumed Eagles won.
Found out the score this morning.... wife watched the half-time with JT ( said he wasn't that good )
I haven't watched pro football since Michael Vick ran in a TD an gave the bird, said FU Atlanta and Falcon ownership did nothing about it. The National Felons League has been long overdue for a cleanup.

To straiten it out they need to get rid of all felons. If you have committed a crime you cannot play. The second thing is to drop the outrageous salaries. Drop the maximum salary and benefits down to $500k with another $250k and $500k bonuses for the superbowl teams. Make all team owners pay for their stadiums and limit the cost of a ticket to a maximum of $50 with most of the tickets less than $20.
(02-05-2018, 01:35 PM)Tsquare Wrote: I haven't watched pro football since Michael Vick ran in a TD an gave the bird, said FU Atlanta and Falcon ownership did nothing about it. The National Felons League has been long overdue for a cleanup.

To straiten it out they need to get rid of all felons. If you have committed a crime you cannot play.  The second thing is to drop the outrageous salaries. Drop the maximum salary and benefits down to $500k with another $250k and $500k bonuses for the superbowl teams. Make all team owners pay for their stadiums and limit the cost of a ticket to a maximum of $50 with most of the tickets less than $20.

Bingo!

I don't watch much pro football but I have nothing against their salaries. As long as people are willing pay the ticket prices and the corporate sponsors and TV networks pay the league to broadcast the games then the players deserve what they can get.

It really is the big name guys who are filling the seats and they do deserve what they get just like entertainers, actors, singers, even the stooges who read the news on TV. Cops and teachers probably don't make enough money for what they do but cutting pro athlete's (or actors, singers etc) salaries doesn't do anything for them. There is no correlation or relationship between what they make and what others make.

The second thing I don't agree with is this thing about felons. Many of these guys (these days anyway) came off the streets, got the opportunity to go to college and ended up in the pros. It's pretty hard to get through college let alone get into the pros with a felony record. I was a public safety director for a large college as well as the president of the state campus police association. I was intimately aware of crimes done by athletes on large universities in Michigan and elsewhere and the percentage of crimes done by them is considerably less than the general campus population. Some maybe committed crimes after getting into the pros but I would guess that the percentage is less than some other professions.
From what I understand, about 60% of the NFL are felons.  A lot of jobs will can you if you get a felony while employed with them.  NFL should be no different.  I don't agree with treating these athletes (or celebrities for that matter) as some sort of elite royalty that get special treatment the average American wouldn't receive.  I suppose politicians fall into that same group.

I don't agree with tax dollars going to build stadiums.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Your Super Bowl pick? David 11 3,987 02-09-2016, 12:52 AM
Last Post: JRSC