Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Tent
Excited to get this new tent, can't wait to try it out. Found it on the Wmart website for $35 shipped to the local store. I left it set up in the back yard for a week and it never moved or loosened up. It will need a mosquito net and I have one of those. This was very fast and easy to setup and it's pretty light at about 3 lbs and packs up pretty small. Lots of room for two people to sit up in plus gear or one person to lay down plus gear.  
I have always liked the traditional A frame style tents, but now that I'm old and fat, I just don't like loading myself through the end- rolling in from the side makes this one a breeze.

A note on build quality: All seams are taped on the inside, the tent poles and stakes are of good quality and the zipper works better than I expected.

[Image: 39943615532_ec9c0c61fe_k.jpg].

[Image: 39943614282_cfbd51a0a3_k.jpg].
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Ozark-Trail-8...1/54593874
I like that tent! Thanks for the link, I ordered one. I was looking for a tent for the truck and that looks to be the perfect size for what I wanted.
(01-30-2018, 12:40 PM)bmyers Wrote: I like that tent! Thanks for the link, I ordered one. I was looking for a tent for the truck and that looks to be the perfect size for what I wanted.

Good idea, I will throw this one in the Jeep...

I did put seam sealer on the outside of the threads and spray it down with the Scotch guard water sealer just to be sure. I will also use the Wmart blue 5x7 hiking tarp for the footprint.
This is great. I saw a very similar tent on the Sportsman's Guide. But it was sold out indefinitely.
In The Age Of Information, Ignorance Is A Choice.
JRSC-- ordered  mine on E-bay Wed Morning. Nice looking and good specs. We'll see at SEP #19.
Gene you started a trend.
The only thing that would perfect this tent is if it had a mosquito net you can put across the opening.
In The Age Of Information, Ignorance Is A Choice.
Quote:
"The only thing that would perfect this tent is if it had a mosquito net you can put across the opening."

This will work with the tie-outs on the top inside of the tent:

This screen is very light weight and inexpensive.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Tent, hammock or other? David 27 6,385 11-21-2017, 01:17 PM
Last Post: David