Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Commonly forgotten items for Bugging Out &BOBs
There are tens if not hundreds of thousands of threads/webpages on what should be in your BOB or bugout supplies, what has struck you about what has forgotten.

For example

There is plenty of discussion on the perfect gun for your BOB or to take while bugging out from 17 HMR to 50cal, great perfect fantastic but what about cleaning and maintinance supplies, spares and tools. 

Firing pin, springs, pins, extractor or bolt carrier, CLP toothbrush?  some things will be environment specific cold/wet/dusty

I cann't remember any serious discussions or real mention about this subject outside of acouple of sites.

Have you got a weapon cleaning kit in you gear or is all on a work bench in the garage?

The devil is in the detail, what details may we have forgotten because they are so basic we don't think they need mentioning?
Hygiene items are something that is often forgotten.  Probably because it isn't sexy or tacticool. 

T.P. and baby wipes will go a looooong way towards making your life a lot better.  Plus each have multiple uses besides just wiping your rear. 

A wash rag and some soap also goes a long way.

Extra dry socks and underwear.  Look at most wars and you'll see the foot soldier always needing to take good care of their feet.  Some powder would be advisable as well.
Governmental dependance makes for poor self reliance.

"What could possibly go wrong with a duct tape boat?"  Cody Lundin

The best defense against evil men are good men with violent skill sets.
Good post David. A toothbrush and floss can be a big help. Floss itself has a good many uses, cordage, fishing line, snares, gill nets the list goes on. If you run out of toothpaste make a paste with wood ash. Use this for toothpaste and if you can get some animal fat you can make soap too.
Salt and baking soda.'08.
If you look like food,you will be eaten.

I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

Quantity has a quality all of its own.
A House wife kit

My Expanded Kit contains:
• Scissors
• 16 assorted Needles and 2 threaders
• 5 spools of nylon thread Green, Brown, Black, Grey and Tan
• Safety pins 6 Large, 6 Medium, 6 Small
• Thimble
• Fabric for repairs
• 3 smock, 3 jacket / trouser and shirt buttons. all Soldier 95 in my case
• 5m 7 strand 550 cord & 5m 3mm Shock cord
• 2 x 25mm plastic buckles

I have added afew things to better suit my gear. I am looking at updating all the families gear to british army MTP from soldier 95 which will mean revising the house wife kit to match.
I have a battlefield medics kit (minus the morphine) in my go-bag. Everything from over the counter meds, band-aids, to bandages, sling, and needle/tread for stitches.

A good source for items is: http://firstaid.about.com/od/firstaidkit...d-Kits.htm
(08-16-2015, 04:10 PM)Tsquare Wrote: I have a battlefield medics kit (minus the morphine) in my go-bag. Everything from over the counter meds, band-aids, to bandages, sling, and needle/tread for stitches.

A good source for items is: http://firstaid.about.com/od/firstaidkit...d-Kits.htm

Nice link Smile
Governmental dependance makes for poor self reliance.

"What could possibly go wrong with a duct tape boat?"  Cody Lundin

The best defense against evil men are good men with violent skill sets.
Another thing that works well is the liquid band-aid. A bottle of that lasts me about 2 years before it dries up.
Goody (or BC) powders and iodine. Also a small bottle of alcohol like everclear has many uses.
Fingernail clippers a small note book with a pencil will come in handy also some sort of can opener.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  5 EDC items based on use bmyers 5 429 03-10-2019, 10:04 PM
Last Post: fastbolt
  The forgotten container bdcochran 7 1,944 04-30-2018, 05:52 AM
Last Post: bdcochran