Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Keto diet
(10-02-2018, 02:10 PM)bmyers Wrote: You should be very proud of your accomplishment.

Thank you. I'm hanging in there.  The goal now is to maintain it without backsliding. It's been fairly easy to follow but I still get cravings. I'm afraid that if I cheat, even a little I will fall off the wagon. If I can make it a year I have a better chance of sticking to it.
End of week 39. +.2. Total to date 61.7

BMI is 24.7
End of week 40. -.2 Total to date 61.9

BMI is 24.7
End of Week 41. -1.4. Total to date 63.3

BMI is 24.4

Decided to keep track of this diet for a year which will be on Jan 8. However, from here on out I will only record by the month. So the next report will be on or around Nov 8.
End of Month 10. Total to date -59.5

I actually gained some weight back this month on purpose. My wife was complaining that I was nothing but skin and bones. I am within my BMI of 24 however as I had lost and additional 4-5 lbs before I gained it back.
End of month 11. -2. Total to date 61.5

I continue to go up and down a pound or two or three a week but am maintaining around 60 lbs lost. I ate a few more carbs on thanksgiving but was able to cut back what I would have normally eaten. Back to "normal" the next day.

BMI is 24.7
great to hear your maintaining Mac
(12-08-2018, 02:33 PM)Tom Mac Wrote: great to hear your maintaining Mac

It's been three months since I got to where I am now so I've been able to maintain.   It's been an adventure. Hopefully it becomes a way of life. So far it's been fairly easy.  I enjoy being this weight and it feels "normal".   I can see myself maintaining it. Now if I can just get through the holidays without binging, I'll be okay.
A Year on Keto

Edited due to too much info...

Started on Jan 8, 2018 with a goal of losing 30 lbs by the middle of April for a trip. Lost that 30 lbs in 7 weeks then lost another 12 lbs by the time of the trip since it was so easy. Didn't gain any on the trip so I thought I would try and lose some more weight. Ended up losing another 18 lbs and have been at my current weight for 4-5 months. Total loss to date is 60 lbs.

It's been fairly easy to lose weight on keto and so far haven't had any trouble keeping it off. Keto has become my way of eating. Let's hope I can keep it up.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Kaufmann diet David 9 135 Yesterday, 02:07 PM
Last Post: David