Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Esee knives
I didn't know much about them, still don't know a lot, but been reading and watching reviews. I have to say I'm impressed with the quality. I had been looking for a larger knife, I have the Glock field knife in our bags. We have used them on a couple of trips and after I sharpened them, they are decent knives. Yet, I always looking for something better.

So, I ended up buying an Esee Junglas II. This is the most expensive knife I have ever owned, I usually buy cheap throw away knives. 

I bought this after watching three different reviews in which they worked hard to destroy the knife. I was very impressed how well it did. I went to the company's webpage and read up on their warranty and that is what pushed me over the edge to buy the knife. If they are going to back the knife with that warranty, they have to be confident in their product.

I know have a new knife and once weather gets a little nicer I will get it out and see how it does.
I wasn't familiar with them so I did a google, nice looking knife.  How much and what's the warranty on it from them?
Governmental dependance makes for poor self reliance.

"What could possibly go wrong with a duct tape boat?"  Cody Lundin

The best defense against evil men are good men with violent skill sets.
The cost was $188 and it is a lifetime warranty. If you sell or give away the knife, the warranty is still valid. The warranty is with the knife and goes on forever with the knife. Watching some reviews, the company so far as backed up the warranty just like they have it posted.

UNCONDITIONAL LIFETIME WARRANTY ON ESEE KNIVES:
This means if you break it, we will repair or replace it. We will not question the validity of your warranty claim for a broken knife. Warranty is lifetime and transferable. In other words, we warranty the knife no matter how many times it’s been traded, sold or given away – no sales receipt or proof of purchase required. We must have the knife returned to validate a warranty claim.

A lot of folks have asked us how we can stay in business offering such great customer service and warranty protection. The answer is simple; we believe that consumers, as a whole, are honest people. The occasional customers who are dishonest are few and far between, so even if we lose every once in a while due to dishonesty, our reputation of great customer service, regardless of the situation, brings us more good customers.

ESEE KNIVES ARE NOT THROWING KNIVES! They are hardened to a higher Rockwell than throwing knives and will most likely break if thrown, possibly harming the user. So, do yourself and your ESEE knife a favor and DO NOT throw it. Using any knife not meant to be thrown as a throwing knife is idiotic! We would rather idiots not buy our knives.

We do not warranty against rust or normal wear and tear. Our carbon steel knives are made from 1095 High Carbon Steel. And while 1095 is a top choice for professional field knives, it will rust and stain if not properly cared for – especially on the cutting edge and around the laser engraving. It is the user’s responsibility to keep the blades properly lubricated and cleaned. We suggest a dry film inhibitor such as TUF-GLIDE or TUF-CLOTH. We use a baked on powder coat on all of our coated knives. It is normal for the coating to wear with use.

NOTE: The warranty does not apply to the Lite Machete since the blade of the machete is made by Imacasa in El Salvador. With that said, if you have any issues with the Lite machete, contact us and we will do our best to make it right.

We suggest you contact us before returning the knife since we do not warranty normal wear and tear, i.e. worn or scratched coating, dull edge, lost hardware, etc. Only the exact Model knife sent in will be replaced. We cannot send out a different model, color or configuration than the one sent in for warranty. If you return a knife that is not covered under warranty then we are not responsible for return shipping to you. We highly suggest contacting us before shipping a knife in for warranty. If you are sure you have a warranty issue, then complete this form when you are ready to return your knife.
I own a few Esees. The lifetime warranty is meaningless to me as if I ever needed to use it, it wold be after shtf. Quality products, yes.

At some point, I decided that I wanted a longer blade than my Esee 4s. As a former dealer, I have a number of fixed blades as you might expect. I settled on the Ontario TFI as a compromise for a survival/combat/camp knife. I wanted in the 5 - 5.5 inch range.

A good feature about the Esee line is that the knife can be purchased without a sheath. Of course, it drives up the cost of the project. I wanted a horizontal carry on an Esee 4, so I bought the knife and sheath separately.
I have an Esee Izula which I often carry as a neck knife. I took it to Alaska with me. My tactical son gave it to me as a gift.
Esee took over from Ontario and now make the knives for Randall's Adventure Training(RAT) and are excellent quality knives. Most use 1095 High Carbon steel which holds a good edge and is very tough but will rust if you don't take care of it, hence the coating on most of their blades. Out of all the Esee's I've handled I really like the Esee 6.
My wife got me an Esse 4 for Valentine's Day.
You take a look at the Esee 5 and the Ontario TFI.  Almost look the same.  Without getting a debate about "better", the TFI with an acceptable sheath is priced $20 less than the basic Esee 5 without a sheath.  Now add a sheath.  You might find a general sheath for about $35 or specialized one for about $45.

Having the Esee 4s, I wanted something a bit longer.  However, they would be not be used until shtf and would be held in reserve.  So, I would never be using a warranty for repairs.  So, a warranty advantage wasn't a factor.  One TFI went to a son who wasn't a hunter/camper and was for his car carry.  So why spend the extra bucks?

I don't live in an environment conducive to hiking/treking/hunting.  So, I just walked across and looked on top of the dresser for what fixed blades were in this room.  An Al mar, a Cold Steel, and one of my design that I had Barry Dawson make.  The one I designed is hanging upside down in a quick release sheath on the back of the door - a two handed tanto knife.  I designed the knife when I was made a single parent with a baby and did not want a loaded firearm in the bedroom.

Training in knife usage is much more important than warranties/blade design/type of steel.  If you ever get into a knife fight, it will be over in seconds, not like in the movies.
Love ESEE knives. Been using them for years.
I see that Esee is going to be releasing an axe, although I'm not sure that I have a need for a craving axe.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Don't Forget the Knives! TN.Frank 6 2,078 04-07-2018, 11:14 PM
Last Post: Tsquare
  Favorite inexpensive knives - under $20 justsaymo 5 1,474 06-21-2017, 01:42 AM
Last Post: Bob
  Here's a couple more awesome knives from Ganzo. TN.Frank 8 2,938 01-14-2017, 02:43 AM
Last Post: RicFlair
  A couple of USA made knives for under $40 reviewed justsaymo 13 4,314 01-09-2017, 01:37 AM
Last Post: RicFlair
  Knives and knife reviews (custom) ric0123 13 3,906 12-29-2016, 06:26 PM
Last Post: bdcochran
  My Top 5 Ganzo Knives. TN.Frank 5 2,139 11-02-2016, 10:26 PM
Last Post: Wolfman
  Les Shroud knives.. ric0123 3 1,540 09-21-2016, 07:30 PM
Last Post: Glockzilla10mm