Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ruger Security 9

Really starting to take a look at Ruger's new offering.  It has been getting some very good reviews and so far is just under $300.  And I wouldn't be surprised to see that price fall somewhat.  

Looks to have some very nice features as well:
  • Front and rear cocking serrations
  • Trigger and thumb safety (I know some don't like manual safeties, I like them but fine either way.  If I had a choice I'd always go with a thumb safety option).
  • Cut outs on the sides of the mag well for ripping that mag out if necessary
  • Loaded chamber window.  Something I've come to really like on various Rugers
  • Internal hammer that you can see from the rear to see if it's cocked or not.  
  • I like the full rails on this like the LCP and LC9 pistols.  Very beefy
  • 15-round capacity
Mac and I have been in a thread on GT with a guy that just bought one for a tad under $300 and he immediately put 500 rounds of various make through it without a bobble.  Gave him nice groups as well.

I'm thinking this may be an attractive alternative to similar size/capacity guns that cost $200+ more like Glock, Sig and HK (all of which are in the $500+ range.  May make one heck of a truck/trunk gun.  Or a good, solid night stand gun.
Governmental dependance makes for poor self reliance.

"What could possibly go wrong with a duct tape boat?"  Cody Lundin

The best defense against evil men are good men with violent skill sets.

Sounds like it comes with two mags which is nice.  Some Rugers only come with one.

Governmental dependance makes for poor self reliance.

"What could possibly go wrong with a duct tape boat?"  Cody Lundin

The best defense against evil men are good men with violent skill sets.
I can see how this could become kind of the ubiquitous pistol in this country. Same size as a Glock 19 which is arguably the most popular carry guns in the country.

You just want an all around utility pistol and don't want to spend much money? You want a pistol for the wife, girlfriend, son or daughter to use at the range occasionally? You want to arm your security force or PD economically. You want a training gun? You want a truck/trunk gun or bug out bag/grab and go bag gun? This just may turn out to be the gun to do it. Nice size from what I can tell, nice safety features and a very nice price. I can see the street price on this thing eventually going down to $250. Everybody is gonna want one because of the price. Sign me up when they get down that low.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ruger LC9 7 and 9 round magazines David 4 914 05-03-2019, 01:07 PM
Last Post: mac66
  Sig P365 vs. Ruger LC9s David 10 1,154 04-24-2019, 12:20 PM
Last Post: David
  Ruger SP101? Bob 21 1,475 03-29-2019, 03:29 AM
Last Post: Bob
  Ruger recall/retrofit bmyers 0 299 10-15-2018, 07:27 PM
Last Post: bmyers
  Nice Pair.................of Ruger Handguns. TN.Frank 0 648 02-25-2018, 04:04 AM
Last Post: TN.Frank
  Ruger PC Carbine mac66 13 3,255 01-02-2018, 10:09 PM
Last Post: mac66
  Crappy $350 Ruger Ronin.45 6 2,564 03-30-2017, 08:05 PM
Last Post: Ronin.45