Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gardening 2018
(06-11-2018, 11:00 PM)ric0123 Wrote: Has anyone messed around with aquaponics or Hydroponics?

I've done hydroponics.  Works very well and you can grow a lot in a limited space.  Aquaponics looks cool and practical.  John has a good link in the above post.
Governmental dependance makes for poor self reliance.

"What could possibly go wrong with a duct tape boat?"  Cody Lundin

The best defense against evil men are good men with violent skill sets.
Tomatoes are coming in daily. I do have a squirrel problem where those tree rats are taking a bite out of any that I let get to fully vine ripe. I am picking my tomatoes about two days before they are fully ripe. I am averaging about 8 squirrel hits a day with my pellet gun. It only shoots about 750fps so I am just pissing them off.

I also have Jalapeños coming in as well. To be listed as the hot variety these are the mildest jalapeño I have ever eaten. I picked the first one last week. It was totally green but about 3 inches long and so bland I was very disappointed. I picked 3 more today and they were just starting to turn color. Again very mild but if I leave the seeds there is a slight tingle but no real heat.

My Thai chilies also started to come in this weekend. They are just where they should be. Almost a military grade of heat.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Winter Gardening JRSC 5 1,447 05-07-2018, 01:11 PM
Last Post: JRSC
  Raised bed Gardening ric0123 6 2,913 01-22-2018, 12:20 AM
Last Post: bdcochran