Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gardening 2018
I try to eat at least two of the following every day: collard greens/mustard greens/kale/mung bean sprouts. Today it was collard greens/mustard greens/mung bean sprouts.

I now have 6 cherry tomato plants growing in large plastic pots. I planted cheromoya tree seeds and plum tree seeds. Today I planted an exotic plum tree on the hill. Obtained it from a commercial grower.

I know avocados, but not well enough to read the sprouts. There are at least 500 kinds of avocados. The Zutano has the sprouts, but trees can be male/female/bisexual and require another variety to be nearby to fruit. The nearest ones are a Hass of unknown sex on the neighbor's property and a new Hass of unknown sex that I planted a few months ago.

The lemons and the tangerines are playing out. Ate three tangerines today.
(03-17-2018, 02:28 PM)kirgi08 Wrote: Kale is hearty,my bro eats it every meal.We had a flip/flop winter,really cold to moderate.His kale produced thru it all.'08.

Just enjoyed a smooth with kale and other greens from the garden, just now.  Good stuff and good for you.  Everything else is coming along nicely and looking forward to having a large amount of tomatoes in a month or so.
Governmental dependance makes for poor self reliance.

"What could possibly go wrong with a duct tape boat?"  Cody Lundin

The best defense against evil men are good men with violent skill sets.
<<<<------------- Hates Kale,likes spinach and collard greens.'08.
If you look like food,you will be eaten.

I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6.
I'm waiting on decent weather to stay! Every week we tend to go through every season. Hoping it warms up and stays warm very soon!
History is not dead to the man who would learn how the present came to be what it is.

In The Age Of Information, Ignorance Is A Choice.
Our garden is flourishing!  Been making kale smoothies, bok choi stir fry and lots of salads.  Yay!!!!  Smile
Governmental dependance makes for poor self reliance.

"What could possibly go wrong with a duct tape boat?"  Cody Lundin

The best defense against evil men are good men with violent skill sets.
Well it's now or never. My gardening season has just began. I decided to do a bigger garden this year. I planted at least 12 spaghetti squash plants I've raised from seedlings. Today added a couple jalapeños and a couple bell peppers, I'm growing more mint this year, as well as tomatoes. Trying a Cherokee Purple for the first time. Everybody says they're very good so I'm going to see for myself.
History is not dead to the man who would learn how the present came to be what it is.

Try some medical herbs.'08.
If you look like food,you will be eaten.

I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6.
(04-14-2018, 03:37 PM)kirgi08 Wrote: Try some medical herbs.'08.
had some potted plants out, and forgot them the other day... during night dropped below freezing here, back to the start.
( yesterday was almost 70, today 40 and dropping during day ; cold front from N )
winter not leaving yet
(04-15-2018, 01:17 PM)Tom Mac Wrote: had some potted plants out, and forgot them the other day... during night dropped below freezing here, back to the start.
( yesterday was almost 70, today 40 and dropping during day ; cold front from N )
winter not leaving yet

I completely understand this. I believe this is another season where spring is going to consist of battling cold weather and afterwards we go into straight up summer. 

I have just a little backyard garden. I can't imagine the days where your life depended on the success of your crops...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Winter Gardening JRSC 5 1,772 05-07-2018, 01:11 PM
Last Post: JRSC
  Raised bed Gardening ric0123 6 3,113 01-22-2018, 12:20 AM
Last Post: bdcochran