Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New addition
Photo 

My new toy that I got for Christmas. It is a Freedom FX-9 PCC that uses Glock magazines. Waiting for the weather to get warmer before I take it outside and try it out.
(01-06-2018, 07:44 PM)bmyers Wrote: My new toy that I got for Christmas. It is a Freedom FX-9 PCC that uses Glock magazines. Waiting for the weather to get warmer before I take it outside and try it out.

Congrats. It's good to see more folks getting into PCCs nowadays.
Sigh...now I'm wanting one again.
Governmental dependance makes for poor self reliance.

"What could possibly go wrong with a duct tape boat?"  Cody Lundin

The best defense against evil men are good men with violent skill sets.
I have this sight ordered for it:

https://smile.amazon.com/Sig-Sauer-SOR52...er+romeo+5

It will be a nice addition to my PCC collection. Once the weather gets above freeing, I will get it out and work on get it sighted in.
I so need a 9mm Carbine.

I really like that one. Just right is another good brand. Still, I'd be happy with an Uzi, whatever...

9mm pistol + Carbine for SD/HD win!
I have the JRC in the Takedown model which is my truck gun. It is nice easy shooting gun. It breaks down into a backpack making it easy to transport and conceal. The downside is the setup on the JRC is not the same as an AR. So if you are use to running an AR platform, this is a little different, but easy to learn.

The Freedom FX-9 is matches the AR platform with the difference being the caliber you are shooting through it.
(01-07-2018, 10:20 PM)Bob Wrote: I so need a 9mm Carbine.

I really like that one.  Just right is another good brand.  Still, I'd be happy with an Uzi, whatever...

9mm pistol + Carbine for SD/HD win!

Well, Ruger is coming out with a PC Carbine that takes a variety of mags including Glock.

I do have an UZI, it's a heavy and awkward beast but an iconic design. 

Personaly I'm kind of leaning toward something like this to scratch the itch. Still a pistol you can carry on you concealed license but shoots like a carbine.

[Image: yYG3NcS.jpg]
I took my FX-9 to the range on Sunday afternoon and shot it while Rhonda shot her PCC. The FX-9 preformed without any issues, locked open everytime, mags dropped free. Fired about 100 rounds through it.
(01-23-2018, 12:09 AM)bmyers Wrote: I took my FX-9 to the range on Sunday afternoon and shot it while Rhonda shot her PCC. The FX-9 preformed without any issues, locked open everytime, mags dropped free. Fired about 100 rounds through it.

Forgot to mention where the bullets landed....???
Rhonda's gun was already sighted in and she had very tight groups (holes touching one another) using her bipod and a 3x magnifier with her red dot. Mine started out low, but centered. It took about 15 rounds and I had it shooting dead center. My groups weren't as tight as her groups, but my target stand kept getting blown over in the wind and I was just using a red dot. I would guess most of my groups were about baseball size on a semi-moving target.

Once I got it shooting center, I didn't try to adjust anymore because it just to windy. Will find another day to go up and tune it in the rest of the way. Landed every headshot on an IDPA target without any issues (except the time the target fell over just as i fired).