Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Five Things To Have for Concealed Carry
Information 
Some things to consider...

Governmental dependance makes for poor self reliance.

"What could possibly go wrong with a duct tape boat?"  Cody Lundin

The best defense against evil men are good men with violent skill sets.
Good video.

I meet all his suggestions with one modification, instead of an attorney on retainer, I have USCCA insurance for the wife and I. So, it is basically the same concept, yet I get coverage in all 50 states and can get a lawyer that knows that area. Plus, it comes with some additional benefits if needed.
Which level of membership do you and the wife have in the USCCA?

We have the elite membership for us. USCCA also gave our church safety team a group discount, which I think was 15 or 20% off the membership price.

If you have a church safety team, you can contact them and they will setup a group membership rate for you. The team has to have minimum 5 members to join to qualify for the reduce rate.
Thanks.  I gave them a call and signed up my wife and myself under the Gold membership.  For me, if I'm carrying my official off-duty, the USCCA will be a back-up to the back-up.  What I mean is that the S.O. should have my back plus I'm also a PBA member going back to the mid 90's.  But I would avail myself with this as well.

Hopefully you will never need it, but better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it.
So what are the five things? Don't have the patience to listen to him ramble on .
(01-05-2018, 12:32 AM)mac66 Wrote: So what are the five things?  Don't have the patience to listen to him ramble on .

1. Gun and a reasonable amount of ammunition.
  2. Cell phone.
  3. Camera.
  4. Flashlight.
  5. Attorney's business card.
He also mentioned of course your CCW.  That most phones have a camera and the attorney's card could be also some type of CCW insurance like the USCCA.

(01-05-2018, 12:48 AM)David Wrote:
(01-05-2018, 12:32 AM)mac66 Wrote: So what are the five things?  Don't have the patience to listen to him ramble on .

1. Gun and a reasonable amount of ammunition.
  2. Cell phone.
  3. Camera.
  4. Flashlight.
  5. Attorney's business card.
He also mentioned of course your CCW.  That most phones have a camera and the attorney's card could be also some type of CCW insurance like the USCCA.

My phone has a camera and a flashlight in it, though I usually carry a light anyway.   I sometimes carry a reload but not so much anymore, gotten kinda lazy. I do have an attorney's phone number in my phone. I guess I'm pretty well covered.
I personally consider an appropriate amount of ammunition as whatever the firearm holds, one in the chamber and one spare mag on my person.  I want a spare mag in the event that my primary has an issue with it.  Not a huge concern I admit, but it's just something I feel more comfortable with.  Normally, if I'm carrying the G26 I'll have a G19 (15-rounder) spare mag on my person and a G19 spare mag (10-rounder) in my EDC sling pack.  If I'm just carrying the Ruger LC9 I'm comfortable with one spare mag.  The Ruger is for closer-to-home trips anyway.  Although I've been carrying the LC9 a bit to get accustomed to it, the G26 is still my main carry.

I've got a flashlight on my EDC key chain as well as on my car key chain.  So that's covered.

And the cell phone of course has a camera so that's covered.

Now that I joined the USCCA that box is checked as well.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Appendix Carry David 22 716 06-30-2018, 12:40 PM
Last Post: David
  Single Stack Carry poll David 10 291 06-21-2018, 12:59 PM
Last Post: ghost
  Woods carry: .40 S&W or .357sig? David 26 652 06-12-2018, 01:33 AM
  Single Stack Carry Thread (w/pics) David 5 156 06-08-2018, 07:59 PM
Last Post: fastbolt
  Israeli Carry David 6 292 05-05-2018, 12:28 PM