Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What have you done this week to forward your 2018 prepping goals?
Bought a case of 45 acp and Nikon rimfire scope, does that count?
After a month of ear infection and being generally under the weather I've started working out again this week. I've got the sore legs to prove it!
Governmental dependance makes for poor self reliance.

"What could possibly go wrong with a duct tape boat?"  Cody Lundin

The best defense against evil men are good men with violent skill sets.
Restocked the water I keep in the van and changed out and added batteries for the flashlights.  Also had the AC fixed and a front brake job done on the van.

In my 70s. Broke another tooth. Started the process of dealing with the problem at UCLA Dental School. Got lab results from DR. No problems/no medications. Planting 6 tomato plants in pots. Studied atlatals for the last two weeks and decided to have a project of an atlatal and 10 darts.
Got back into making leather gear this week.

Made a holster for my SR22. Started to make stock cuffs/ammo holders for my lever action 44 Marlin as well as my Ruger 44 carbine. Also started to make a holster (pancake type) for my XD45 which should also fit my Ruger P97 45. The nice thing about pancake holsters is that they are kind of generic. I needed a way to carry these big pistols. Will follow up with mag holders for each.
Reorganized my GHB in my vehicle.  Added some contents and rearranged things a bit.  Good times  Smile

Purchased a BNIB S&W Shield 9mm for $275 last night.  Lately I've really come to see the value of a good, solid single stack 9mm.  Looking forward to some range time with it.  Earlier in the week I purchased a G22.4 with Trijicon night sights (year old sights) for $425.  Excellent shape so I figure that was a good deal as well.  Feel pretty comfortable with the current inventory.

Feel pretty comfortable with the amount of ammunition on hand but plan to increase this amount as I have some range sessions in mind, hopefully Monday.

Went over my stocks , and rotated food supplies in the pantry
reloaded some 10mm ( used some )
checked the dates on my stabilized gas and ran the gennie for 15 mins
Went through and updated medical supplies that had expired.
Updated the power pack in my EDC sling bag as well as the lightning cable.  Started training with and updating the sub 2K.  

Need primary batteries...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclamation Pay it forward David 15 3,605 05-31-2018, 11:23 AM
Last Post: David
  Thrift Stores, Antique Stores, and prepping Chico Bill 6 1,671 02-04-2018, 10:38 PM
Last Post: bdcochran
  What have you done this week to forward your 2017 prepping goals? David 88 14,008 12-31-2017, 03:23 PM
Last Post: Tom Mac
Video Ten prepping lessons that L.E. Has taught me video David 2 727 11-14-2017, 06:05 AM
Last Post: Gene
Question Your goals for 2017? David 1 897 01-08-2017, 04:37 AM
Question What have you done this week to forward your 2016 prepping goals? David 74 19,852 11-26-2016, 12:52 PM
Last Post: David
  Prepping For Gas Shortages JRSC 16 3,634 09-30-2016, 01:09 PM
Last Post: kirgi08
Question What have you done this week to forward your 2015 prepping goals? David 61 23,436 01-02-2016, 01:20 PM
Last Post: Dr. Dickie
Question Did you meet your goals? David 7 2,336 12-12-2015, 02:50 AM
  What Have You Learned From Prepping? JRSC 19 6,874 11-24-2015, 02:48 PM
Last Post: kirgi08