Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What have you done this week to forward your 2018 prepping goals?
Just plain little...loaded some 10mm and 45acp, about 400 each for resupply used
I can add ordering a tent to the list for this week.
I ordered a rain barrels. Although, after talking with some in the area, I'm building my kit and putting everything in storage. The reason being is due to the freezing temps we have around here if you don't drain during the winter time, you crack your barrels and ruin your system.

Once Spring arrives, I will start modifying the gutter system so I can get the water to drain into the barrels when needed. So closer to marking one more off my list.
Since the 1st have ordered new tent and nylon strapping  [both enroute to me] , acquired foam for ground pad[ need to get cover material and make cover, bought a Swiss Army mess kit[ repo with a 3 crown Tangia stove] at the gun show yesterday, made new storage cover for the kayak, made several new fire starters[ wax on lint/saw dust in egg carton], created new BOB's for  for truck and house, added towards the house funds, started recharging all batteries, and more to come.
Won an auction for a Ruger LC9 7-round magazine off ebay.  Just ordered one of those trigger holsters for pocket carry for the LCP.
Governmental dependance makes for poor self reliance.

"What could possibly go wrong with a duct tape boat?"  Cody Lundin

The best defense against evil men are good men with violent skill sets.
(02-04-2018, 03:34 PM)David Wrote: Won an auction for a Ruger LC9 7-round magazine off ebay.  Just ordered one of those trigger holsters for pocket carry for the LCP.

On my dead-end street, we have had one home burglary and two car burglaries since the middle of December. I had a company put up 6 foot high, tongue-in-groove redwood gates on the sidewalk and the driveway. Each has two sets of deadbolt locks. I painted them. Put up three game trail cameras in the backyard.

I made the switch to rechargeable 18650, AAA, and AA batteries. So, I had to buy chargers. No, I am not getting rid of the akalines. They will be for shtf.

Between December/January, I examined all the knives and sharpened and lubed the same.

Decided to carry an edc flashlight as a yawara stick, so I ordered two more Convoys (thank you David), this time S3s.
Added 500 rounds of .40 S&W to the inventory.  Picked up a BNIB G22.4 for $390 and ordered night sights for it.  Testing out the trigger holster for the LCP and ordered a different pocket holster to test out. 

Explained some self-defense and flashlight wisdom to several folks.
Governmental dependance makes for poor self reliance.

"What could possibly go wrong with a duct tape boat?"  Cody Lundin

The best defense against evil men are good men with violent skill sets.
Thinking of goals for 2018:
  • Lose 20 lbs
  • Develop a rain catch system that is easily stored and easily deployed- Complete
  • Help my wife get CPR/AED/First Aid trained(renewed)
  • Encourage 3 other people into prepping-Have encouraged one person and he and his family on board; currently working on two other families. 
  • Read at least one book on preppering/survival 
  • Increase our emergency food supply stores by one week Between purchasing three 72-hour emergency food supply boxes and the additional food we added, this is complete; we are also currently going through and rotating supplies
  • Increase our emergency cash by 25% Took the cash from the bonus check and added it to the supply
  • Buy at lest 1 new gun (ok, I would do that anyway)
  • Read through the New Testament in an year (working on getting physically, mentally, and spiritually prepared if something would occur) 
  • Try to locate 2 water sources within 5 miles of the house that I don't know about Located more than 2 that I didn't know about. Also, purchased two additional water storage jugs to add to the storage of water
  • Try to shot 1 IDPA match a month-so far meeting that goal, but only two months in
At 10:30 p.m. last night we were awakened by the dog barking in the next room. The porch light was on. You have to get within about 10 feet to set it off. Girlfriend saw a guy walking quickly across the street and getting into a white van. I saw it pull away. Probably another burglar as we are on a dead end street. So, it was reassuring to know that there was a locked steel mesh screen door on the front door and access to the sides of the house were prevented by deadbolted and locked new gates. And add to it, having powerful flashlights at the front door recommended by David in the past as well
Thinking of goals for 2018:
  • Lose 20 lbs
  • Develop a rain catch system that is easily stored and easily deployed- Complete
  • Help my wife get CPR/AED/First Aid trained(renewed)
  • Encourage 3 other people into prepping-Have encouraged one person and he and his family on board; currently working on two other families. 
  • Read at least one book on prepping/survival-starting to read the book Assassination Generation by Lt. Col. Grossman
  • Increase our emergency food supply stores by one week Between purchasing three 72-hour emergency food supply boxes and the additional food we added, this is complete; we are also currently going through and rotating supplies
  • Increase our emergency cash by 25% Took the cash from the bonus check and added it to the supply
  • Buy at lest 1 new gun (ok, I would do that anyway)-with the purchase of the G42, this one is being marked off
  • Read through the New Testament in an year (working on getting physically, mentally, and spiritually prepared if something would occur) 
  • Try to locate 2 water sources within 5 miles of the house that I don't know about Located more than 2 that I didn't know about. Also, purchased two additional water storage jugs to add to the storage of water
  • Try to shot 1 IDPA match a month-so far meeting that goal, but only two months in

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclamation Pay it forward David 15 3,251 05-31-2018, 11:23 AM
Last Post: David
  Thrift Stores, Antique Stores, and prepping Chico Bill 6 1,556 02-04-2018, 10:38 PM
Last Post: bdcochran
  What have you done this week to forward your 2017 prepping goals? David 88 13,101 12-31-2017, 03:23 PM
Last Post: Tom Mac
Video Ten prepping lessons that L.E. Has taught me video David 2 650 11-14-2017, 06:05 AM
Last Post: Gene
Question Your goals for 2017? David 1 841 01-08-2017, 04:37 AM
Question What have you done this week to forward your 2016 prepping goals? David 74 18,552 11-26-2016, 12:52 PM
Last Post: David
  Prepping For Gas Shortages JRSC 16 3,374 09-30-2016, 01:09 PM
Last Post: kirgi08
Question What have you done this week to forward your 2015 prepping goals? David 61 22,600 01-02-2016, 01:20 PM
Last Post: Dr. Dickie
Question Did you meet your goals? David 7 2,211 12-12-2015, 02:50 AM
  What Have You Learned From Prepping? JRSC 19 6,553 11-24-2015, 02:48 PM
Last Post: kirgi08