Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Modified PPC
For the last 6 weeks I've been running a modified PPC match on Wednesday nights. My main goal is to introduce new shooters to competition and build up our defensive pistol matches. PPC is fun and different since we don't normally go for bullseyes in defensive shooting. Trying to hit the X ring while shooting quickly is challenging. To keep it friendly for new shooters I run it at 5, 7 and 10 yards and ignore the sitting, kneeling, and prone long range stuff. 
As anyone ever done any PPC shooting. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Precisio...ompetition
I haven't, but have some buddies at work that do.  They've asked me a few times to join them and it would be a lot of fun to do so.  They sometimes good to various intra-agency competitions as well which would be a blast (pun intended).
Governmental dependance makes for poor self reliance.

"What could possibly go wrong with a duct tape boat?"  Cody Lundin

The best defense against evil men are good men with violent skill sets.
I used to shoot PPC back in the day. Do they still use revolvers? I had a custom Model 10 with heavy barrel and sights which I stupidly sold when the kids came along. I still have a Dan Wesson with a 6" HB that works pretty well. I should get back into it.
(12-29-2017, 06:03 PM)mac66 Wrote: I used to shoot PPC back in the day. Do they still use revolvers?  I had a custom Model 10 with heavy barrel and sights which I stupidly sold when the kids came along.  I still have a Dan Wesson with a 6" HB that works pretty well.  I should get back into it.

I'm sure the serious competitions still have plenty of heavy barrel revolvers with aristocrat ribs. We run it revolver friendly with 6 round strings, but mostly have semis. We only get a handful of rimfire pistols, revolvers, and carbines each week.