Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Black Diamond
While deer hunting this year I noticed my son (mr. tactical) had a new headlamp by Black Diamond called the Spot. I commented on how bright and cool it was.

Well we've been traveling to celebrate Christmas with family, in-laws in Florida and my son and his wife on the west side of the state and he bought me one for Christmas. 

This was the 2017 version with 300 lumans.  Been playing with it for the last couple days including an hour long walk in the woods last night

HOLY COW what a light!   

I used my previous head lamp in the fall to track two deer after dark in addition to field dressing them in the dark. While I could see with them and additional flashlight was sometimes needed.  In addition, I use a red light to walk to my deer blind in the morning dark to save my night vision.  My old head lamp was okay for those tasks but lacked brightness and durability and water resistance. 

The Black Diamond Spot is not only bright when needed and water resistant, but can be switched to red, flood light and spot light. With both the spot and flood light on at the same time it is extremely bright and all three modes can be dimmed or brightened by holding down the button. 

Not sure what my son paid but on line prices range from $20-100.   It gets very good reviews on backpacking forums and there are youtube reviews of it as well.   This will work well for camping, hiking, hunting, tracking and on our backpacking trip to Peru next fall. 

https://www.amazon.com/Black-Diamond-Spo...dlamp+2017
Good price on that Amazon link.
Governmental dependance makes for poor self reliance.

"What could possibly go wrong with a duct tape boat?"  Cody Lundin

The best defense against evil men are good men with violent skill sets.
We got 6 inches of snow on Christmas eve so I went out on Christmas night and walked around with my Black Diamond. Beautiful and quiet walking around in the snow and that light lit up the whole field behind my house.
Very nice. It is always a great feeling you get when the tools you have picked out work better than you expected them to work.
(12-31-2017, 11:06 PM)bmyers Wrote: Very nice. It is always a great feeling you get when the tools you have picked out work better than you expected them to work.

My wife and I have some hiking backpacking trips planned for the spring in preparation for our Peru trip in Sept. I am really looking forward to playing around with this headlamp in the woods, on the hikes and for hunting next fall.
Mac, I have a black diamond I use when hunting. It is a great headlamp.
(04-02-2018, 03:48 AM)BACKWOODS Wrote: Mac, I have a black diamond I use when hunting. It is a great headlamp.

Cool.  Welcome aboard.