Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OK - Let's get Bob his CCW
I'm going to shoot for late morning.
Governmental dependance makes for poor self reliance.

"What could possibly go wrong with a duct tape boat?"  Cody Lundin

The best defense against evil men are good men with violent skill sets.
OK - had a date w/ my Daughter (home from college) for brunch.

Step 1 is get the gun - gun is Thursday.
step two is get the letter.

Lets get that far first!
I wish Illinois was that simple. After 16 hours of training, you have to pass a qualification shoot (5, 7, & 10 yards). Then you apply for the licenses ($153) and if you submit fingerprints (another $60) it takes 90 days, if you don't they have 120 days to issue your license.

Remember that we already have to have a FOID (Firearms Identification Card) before we can even buy a gun or ammo, which you have to go through a background check there by ISP (same people doing the background check on the carry license) and they have 30 days to do the background check for you FOID.

Nothing like the communist state of Illinois.
(12-19-2017, 03:57 AM)Bob Wrote: OK - had a date w/ my Daughter (home from college) for brunch.  

Step 1 is get the gun - gun is Thursday.
step two is get the letter.

Lets get that far first!

If you want me to mail that letter you've got to shoot me your address.  

(12-19-2017, 11:36 AM)bmyers Wrote: I wish Illinois was that simple. After 16 hours of training, you have to pass a qualification shoot (5, 7, & 10 yards). Then you apply for the licenses ($153) and if you submit fingerprints (another $60) it takes 90 days, if you don't they have 120 days to issue your license.

Remember that we already have to have a FOID (Firearms Identification Card) before we can even buy a gun or ammo, which you have to go through a background check there by ISP (same people doing the background check on the carry license) and they have 30 days to do the background check for you FOID.  

Nothing like the communist state of Illinois.

Not like they're trying to make it difficult or anything  Rolleyes 

Florida has less hoops to jump through, the personally I still think it's too much.  I don't believe a law abiding private citizen should have to pay a fee to the state for the permit.  It's a right that 'shall not be infringed'.  So what if folks can't afford the $50+ class and then the $100+ permit fee?  Just a way for the state to make some $.  They use to charge for handicap placards until someone did a class action suit and now they're free.  

Now I don't believe in total non-legislation.  If someone is going to carry a firearm they should be properly trained in how to use it.  The Sheriff's Office I work for occasionally provides training days for private citizens who are family of S.O. employees.  Good idea and it's free.  So why not offer training days for the public in general?  They could do a quality course of instruction, course of fire, prints and photo all in one shot.  Maybe charge for the ammo fired.  And then I could see the state charging for the actual cost of the permit and shipping.  Out the door a permit should cost maybe $25.  And it should be lifetime unless revoked.

I haven't kept up on the National Reciprocity bill going through Congress.  How's it progressing?
Governmental dependance makes for poor self reliance.

"What could possibly go wrong with a duct tape boat?"  Cody Lundin

The best defense against evil men are good men with violent skill sets.
National bill is currently stalled in the Senate and on life support.
bmyers, I fixed it for you:

National bill is currently residing in the Senate hospice where they will let it die.

The two senators from GA are career politicians. Both pretend they are conservative Republicans. Perdue has managed to keep his skeletons berried and when one is unearthed he is usually at the end of that term and he sulks off and disappears for a few years and then when he thinks every has forgotten he runs for a different office. Isakson was a conservative dimocrat back when it was fashionable he switched over to the Republican party and he is very good at the doublespeek. We have some of the best politicians money can buy here in GA.
I don't have a problem with skills verification to carry off your property.
Rights imply responsibility. People like to overlook that part....

Anyway - gun pickup tomorrow!!!!!
In my state, one has to take CPL class equal to the NRA Personal Protection in the Home class which does require range time. I find that class weird because that class isn't about carry concealed but it is what the gun trainers in the state lobbied for. Typical class is $100+ or -. Then the state collects another $135 for the application, fingerprints and photo. Takes about 30 days to get a permit these days. (I am an certified instructor for that class)

While I personally think that while people should be trained, training should NOT be compelled by the government. People have managed to pick up guns and figure out how to protect themselves with them for hundreds of years. I believe in constitutional carry... period, One should not need permission from the government to exercise a constitutionally protected and articulated civil right. Constitutional carry is about 5 years away in my state (Michigan) I would estimate.
People have figured out how to drive cars too....

Anyway - I now have possession of the gun!!!! May give it a test shoot tomorrow. Stay tuned!
OK - spent lunch at the range. Texted Dave some pics.

All in all I like it. I'll probably get another mag or two, and obviously some sort of inside the waist band holster.

- Shot 100 Federal 9mm through it, not a burp
- Ran some Hornady JHP and they were fine too.
- As accurate as I expect from a 3.2" barrel
- Shot hand sized groups, or minute of pie plate at 5+ yards with little effort
- Still, need to get ok with the skinny grip, I pull a little
- Almost just fits in pocket, only 1" thick