Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OK - Let's get Bob his CCW
So I bought the Walther.  Always been one of my top choices if I carried.  So now that I got it...here we go.

Let's walk me through this step by step.

#1 I know I have to take a class.  At some point I did that years ago.  Does it expire?  Is it registered somewhere?  Not sure if I have the certificate - or even got one????
Everything is dependent on your state. In Ohio the certificate does expire after like 5 years. You need the certificate to prove you took the class, so if you lost it, you are probably out of luck. I doubt an instructor is keeping detailed records from more than a few years back. Especially with the law changing as much as it does here, you would be better off to just pony up the $75 and take another class.

With new cert in hand, the next step is to contact your sheriff's office to see what they require. Here they can vary slightly. Basically, fill out application, pay your fee, wait for license.
Well, I'm in Florida. However, as Dave is the Sheriff, and carries, I suspect he will give 100% correct info...
http://www.freshfromflorida.com/Division...on-License
An FDLE firearms instructor needs to provide you a letter stating that you have received training in firearms and demonstrated competence.  That class is available at most ranges for $50 to $100.  

Or if you happen to know someone that in turn knows you that is a FDLE firearms instructor they can provide the letter for you based on if they've gone to the range with you and know your level of training.  And they probably wouldn't even charge you...

By the way....I'm an FDLE firearms instructor and I've gone to the range with you.  Wink

So let me know when you want to get together and I'll provide your documentation.  

After that make an appointment at whatever tax collector office does the permits (check the web).  Go in there and answer the questions on the computer that you're not a bad guy and such, give them the letter that I provide for you and get your prints taken, smile for the camera, pay the fee and wait for it to arrive in the mail.  

And there you go  Smile
Governmental dependance makes for poor self reliance.

"What could possibly go wrong with a duct tape boat?"  Cody Lundin

The best defense against evil men are good men with violent skill sets.
Well, isn't that a coincidence????

I guess I need to trek out to Seranova at some point and pick up my letter at the next SEP!
As we're less than 15 minutes from each other we could get together for a cheap lunch if you want (your buying)  Big Grin

Or...we could meet at FL Firearms academy, take the Beretta and the PPS for a test run. And get lunch.....

You know, just so you can sleep confident in my shooting ability.
Planning on going tomorrow afternoon to test out the Rugers and the Smith... Smile

Wont have the PPS yet!!!!!

What time? Got some Christmas shopping to do too...