Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Smallest gun/caliber you'd feel comfortable with?

Governmental dependance makes for poor self reliance.

"What could possibly go wrong with a duct tape boat?"  Cody Lundin

The best defense against evil men are good men with violent skill sets.

(10-13-2018, 01:23 PM)mac66 Wrote: Just an FYI,  here is my LC9 and LCP together to compare them in size.  I pocket carry both but find IWB with a belt clip works better when wearing a shirt pulled out or a jacket.

Both have Hogue grips and belt clips.  I even put belt clips on my full size pistols for carrying IWB. I never carry with a holster anymore.  I'm using a Techna Clip on the LC9 and a Clip Draw (universal model) on the LCP because the Hogue grip covers the rear receiver hole. I have both Techna Clips and Clip Draws on other pistols.

https://technaclip.com/

https://www.clipdraw.com/

[Image: 48OnXEi.jpg]

[Image: rjFWNth.jpg]

[Image: Z98DxSU.jpg]

As much as I like the LCP, the LC9 is almost as easy to carry either IWB or in the pocket. I forget I'm wearing/carrying it at times.

Hard decision.  PSA has them again for $169 and free shipping.  Almost too inexpensive not to pick another LCP up to be honest.  I'll have to put a little thought into that.

Looking at your pics, the LC9 really isn't that much bigger than the LCP.  Even with the price of the LCP being so low I kinda wonder if it's truly needed now that I've set the LC9s is all set up.

The tiny 9s kind of kill 380 for me.
(10-18-2018, 03:42 PM)Ronin.45 Wrote: The tiny 9s kind of kill 380 for me.

Have to agree with you.  I compared them and the LC9s is the same size as the G42.  So there's your choice, 6+1 rounds of .380acp (stock) or 7+1 rounds of 9mm (stock) in the same sized package.  The only reason to go with the G42 is if you really need to go with the lightest of the two pistols.  The Ruger is 17.3 unloaded the G42 is about 3.5 ounces lighter at 13.76 which admittedly can make a difference in the pocket or waist pouch.  Weight of the ammo will change that difference a little bit to make the 9mm just a tad heavier.  But it's situational.  Overall the 9mm would be the go-to.

The LCP however is 9.4 ounces which is another 4 ounces lighter than the G42.  So for that really deep concealment/put-in-your-pocket-and-forget-you-have-it the LCP is hard to beat.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Pistol Caliber Carbine Thread Bob 41 1,299 10-10-2018, 02:54 PM
Last Post: ric0123
  Multi-caliber capability David 11 625 05-27-2018, 07:19 PM
Last Post: Bob
Smile Caliber Warz David 23 5,264 02-12-2018, 01:20 AM
Last Post: mac66