Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Smallest gun/caliber you'd feel comfortable with?
I've been alternating between using that trigger holster with the paracord attachment to the belt and just simply not using a holster at all.  I think Mac was saying he did this IIRC?  Without a holster it's almost like not having anything in the pocket.  With it being DAO I figure it's about as safe as a revolver.  The trigger holster is okay but the gun tends to turn over in the pocket.  Not a huge deal breaker but a bit annoying.  I might continue to search for a very thin/light pocket holster though.
Governmental dependance makes for poor self reliance.

"What could possibly go wrong with a duct tape boat?"  Cody Lundin

The best defense against evil men are good men with violent skill sets.
(03-26-2018, 12:17 PM)David Wrote: I've been alternating between using that trigger holster with the paracord attachment to the belt and just simply not using a holster at all.  I think Mac was saying he did this IIRC?  Without a holster it's almost like not having anything in the pocket.  With it being DAO I figure it's about as safe as a revolver.  The trigger holster is okay but the gun tends to turn over in the pocket.  Not a huge deal breaker but a bit annoying.  I might continue to search for a very thin/light pocket holster though.

Dave, 

I have belt clips for my LCP, RM380 and on my LC9 and P11 to wear IWB.  On occasion I will simply slip them into my front pocket. I tend to carry a small notebook with me most of the time and will clip the gun to the notebook inside my pocket to keep it orientated.   Hadn't really thought about it until now but I could cut a square or pocket shaped piece of leather or plastic and cut a slot or notch in it for the clip. That way the pistol would be a little lower and stay put in the pocket.  That's the nice thing about the clip, it is kind of versatile. You can also clip it to your pocket.

Shown with my LC9...and well used notebook

[Image: N2tvpLh.jpg]

I don't have the clip on the LCP or RM380 yet, waiting to shoot them first but this is what it would look like...

[Image: 3aHioei.jpg]

Just need to make the leather or plastic a little bigger.  Of course I could also sew a pocket on the back side so you don't need a clip. You see a lot of pocket holsters like that. 

Dave, If you think you might be interested in an LCP version let me know (find a photo or design) and I will come up with something. Actually I wouldn't even need to sew it, simply glue and rivet it together. That would be pretty easy.
Thanks.  I like the idea of the clip but don't think it would work with that Hogue Handal grip...?

(03-29-2018, 10:11 PM)David Wrote: Thanks.  I like the idea of the clip but don't think it would work with that Hogue Handal grip...?

I'll let you know. I have a hogue but I want to shoot the LCP without it first.
Appreciate it, look forward to your thoughts.

Saw an interesting study:

LINK

While there are some flaws in the study, it is interesting none-the-less.

I started a thread on GT about the LCP recoil spring.  From what I'm researching, it is a 9 lb spring from the factory.  It has performed well but not flawlessly.  Several times it hasn't gone back into battery fully.  A simple tap seated it and it rolled on.  Comments and reviews I've read on the 13 lb spring have been positive 99% of the time and folks have stated that it's performed as it should and also tamed recoil a bit.  So I ordered the Wolffe 13 lb spring kit with the inner, outer and firing pin spring.  No plans on changing the firing pin spring but since it comes in the package I'll have it if I ever need it.

Spring set has shipped and scheduled for Monday.  I'll pop it in and hopefully be able to go shooting that day.  Also ordered a cheap little IWB holster for like $7.  Just something to toss on if I'm out in the garden or around the house.  I'll report back on how each of those items perform.

Put another 50 rounds or so through the LCP on Monday.  One failure to go into battery but that was towards the end of the shooting.  Bump put it back right.  Disappointed a bit as I was hoping that 12 lb spring would have prevented it.  Not a huge issue though and overall it shot just fine.  

That little $7 holster isn't good for AIWB but just fine for regular strong side.  Fairly thick and padded so it was pretty comfortable.  Very strong belt clip.  All in all not a bad $7 spent.  Think I like it a bit better than pocket though I like the options.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Smile Caliber Warz David 23 3,614 02-12-2018, 01:20 AM
Last Post: mac66