Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Smallest gun/caliber you'd feel comfortable with?
And it just hit me about the recoil last night, or rather lack of it. The first time I shot an LCP was my niece's husbands gun a couple of years ago. He didn't have any sort of grip wrap on it, whereas I added the Hogue Handall to mine. That Hogue really made a difference. Very pleased!
Governmental dependance makes for poor self reliance.

"What could possibly go wrong with a duct tape boat?"  Cody Lundin

The best defense against evil men are good men with violent skill sets.
My LC9 has bit of kick to it. I don't mind it much but neither my wife or daughter like shooting it compared to my Kel-Tec P11. The P11 is about the same size but is a double stack and thus has a wider, easier to hold grip. Whereas the LC9 has a very thin/narrow grip which twists in the hand, the P11 is quite comfortable to shoot in comparison and has a 10 round mag versus a 7 round mag.

That P11 has been fluffed and buffed and has metal guide rod. It was my EDC until I dropped it and knocked the rear sight out of alignment. Haven't had a chance to zero it back in so I've been carrying the Ruger.

Been intending to run up to my hunting property to do some shooting but the bitter cold weather and heavy snow up there has prevented that. With the weather breaking somewhat I may try.
I went ahead and ordered a Hogue beavertail grip sleeve for her LC9s.  Looked at some online videos and it looks to slightly thicken the grip area a bit as well as cushion the part that was bothering her (web of hand area).  It was only ten bucks and change and figured it may make it more pleasant for her.  She seemed to like the trigger on it.

I have the Talon grip on my LC9 (rubber one) and it felt fine.  Yes, more recoil than say the G26 but it's fine for me.  

When you mentioned the metal guide rod it reminded me that I had dropped one in the LC9.  It fired just fine with it Monday at the range.  Didn't run all that many rounds through it but it functioned fine.

We did some research on gun sales yesterday.  Ruger has sold more than 1.5 million LCP's.  Pretty impressive.

(01-09-2018, 02:27 PM)David Wrote: And it just hit me about the recoil last night, or rather lack of it. The first time I shot an LCP was my niece's husbands gun a couple of years ago. He didn't have any sort of grip wrap on it, whereas I added the Hogue Handall to mine. That Hogue really made a difference. Very pleased!

The LCP I shot a couple years ago was so unpleasant to shoot that I took it off my list. If the Hogue makes it tolerable then I am interested again.
First time I shot one a couple years ago pretty much sucked.  Hurt my trigger finger inside the trigger guard.  Only shot a few rounds and I was done with it.  The one I have now with that Hogue made it pleasant enough I went through a box of 50 and could have done more.  Still not a fun gun to shoot all day but it was definitely better.

I ordered the Ruger LCP from PSA for $170 w/free shipping. I kind of wanted to compare it to my RM380. Not a big 380 fan but I can see where this little guns have some value. I will probably run up to the range next week sometime. The LCP should get here by the end of the week.

I will likely order the Hogue grip and a belt clip for it.
I'll be looking forward to hearing your impressions of both of them side-by-side.  I think you'll like that Hogue Handal grip.  It did help quite a bit.

(01-30-2018, 09:32 PM)David Wrote: I'll be looking forward to hearing your impressions of both of them side-by-side.  I think you'll like that Hogue Handal grip.  It did help quite a bit.

Where did you buy the Hogue grips?

And did you use the one that just slips on or the one that uses the pin through the beaver tail part?
Amazon, nine bucks and change.  The one with the roll pin.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Pistol Caliber Carbine Thread Bob 42 1,328 1 minute ago
Last Post: David
  Multi-caliber capability David 11 633 05-27-2018, 07:19 PM
Last Post: Bob
Smile Caliber Warz David 23 5,297 02-12-2018, 01:20 AM
Last Post: mac66