Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Smallest gun/caliber you'd feel comfortable with?
The guy with the LCP flaked out and was a no show.  Happens occasionally.  The search goes on which is half the fun  Big Grin
Governmental dependance makes for poor self reliance.

"What could possibly go wrong with a duct tape boat?"  Cody Lundin

The best defense against evil men are good men with violent skill sets.
Smallest I would carry is a .380 auto.
I know the Glock 42 has been a model with some issues.  Haven't shot the one I picked up yesterday yet but really hope it shoots fine.  The guy I traded with had this G42 and another one that he carries that's all tricked out.  I like the size, weight and thinness of the G42.  We'll see how it shoots.  Maybe Friday?

Both of our G42s shot well, so far no issues with either.
what caliber and size is the G42?
(09-05-2018, 07:53 PM)Scout Wrote: what caliber and size is the G42?

It's a 380 and pretty small. Pocket sized.
Yep, single stack .380.  Smallest Glock made.  Holds 6+1 and very thin and light.

(08-28-2018, 08:51 PM)David Wrote: Are you going to be able to attach the belt clip and the Hogue grip at the same time?  I think they use the same pin hole.  Curious if both can be used at the same time.

I finally got around to putting the belt clip (Clipdraw) on my LCP. This clip uses two sided tape, a base plate and then you screw the clip to the plate.  Makes it a little easier to carry IWB though I've been carrying it in my jeans pocket up to this point. You can also clip it to your pocket so it doesn't get lost inside.

[Image: fyKSUi6.jpg]

[Image: JPsD47M.jpg]

We'll see how it holds up.
Thank you for the photos. It will be interesting to see how long the tape lasts. I would imagine it's that industrial strength stuff like they have on the velcro hook & loop on my shotgun that holds the shell carrier. That stuff is like liquid cement and would take quite a lot to get it off.

Just an FYI, here is my LC9 and LCP together to compare them in size. I pocket carry both but find IWB with a belt clip works better when wearing a shirt pulled out or a jacket.

Both have Hogue grips and belt clips. I even put belt clips on my full size pistols for carrying IWB. I never carry with a holster anymore. I'm using a Techna Clip on the LC9 and a Clip Draw (universal model) on the LCP because the Hogue grip covers the rear receiver hole. I have both Techna Clips and Clip Draws on other pistols.

https://technaclip.com/

https://www.clipdraw.com/

[Image: 48OnXEi.jpg]

[Image: rjFWNth.jpg]

[Image: Z98DxSU.jpg]

As much as I like the LCP, the LC9 is almost as easy to carry either IWB or in the pocket. I forget I'm wearing/carrying it at times.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Pistol Caliber Carbine Thread Bob 62 3,016 12-02-2018, 03:39 PM
Last Post: Bob
  Multi-caliber capability David 11 1,039 05-27-2018, 07:19 PM
Last Post: Bob
Smile Caliber Warz David 23 6,070 02-12-2018, 01:20 AM
Last Post: mac66