Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prepping and exercise?
Ok, so to one extent or another we're all preppers here.  We've got food, water, shelter, BOB's and EDC's covered.  We have the self defense box checked.  We have a viable plan that works for our situation and circumstances.

As far as health though, what do we do as far as exercise to check that box?  What type of workout do you think important for prepping?  Do you work out with weights?  Run or bike?  Hike with a pack on your back?  

What do you do?
Governmental dependance makes for poor self reliance.

"What could possibly go wrong with a duct tape boat?"  Cody Lundin

The best defense against evil men are good men with violent skill sets.
Yes, we workout. Smile

We started the whole getting into shape to be better prepared in case something happens.

One of our goals has been to get in better shape so we can get off of medication and not have that as a need in case things went south in a disaster.

Our workouts consist of strengthening our upper bodies, working on core body strength, and cardio.

The cardio is mostly elliptical for me and treadmill for Rhonda. Yet, she is very much use to walking, since for years she walked her mail route before moving over to this driving route.

We have taken a few short trips were we have walked with our gear, which we realized that there is way to much stuff in the bags. We use the bags as catch all, but since then we have started making changes in our bags and have gotten them lighter. Still heavy bags, but more doable.

We still have a long ways to go, but every year we are getting a little better prepared, a little more in shape, and hopefully a little wiser.
I have been doing a daily workout of mat work - call it Pilates/Yoga/Physical rehab - an hour a day for years. Yesterday, knowing that I had developed some problems that were not being addressed by the daily routine, I went to physical therapy at Kaiser. Received 4 simple exercises that were producing discomfort - good. I explain. If you can do certain ergonomic movements with gravity and experience no discomfort, you are fine. If the movements yield discomfort and only gravity is involved, then you have identified the problem and can work with the new gravity exercises for a few months and relieve the discomfort.
(01-12-2018, 03:58 PM)bdcochran Wrote: I have been doing a daily workout of mat work - call it Pilates/Yoga/Physical rehab - an hour a day for years.  Yesterday, knowing that I had developed some problems that were not being addressed by the daily routine, I went to physical therapy at Kaiser.  Received 4 simple exercises that were producing discomfort - good.  I explain.  If you can do certain ergonomic movements with gravity and experience no discomfort, you are fine.  If the movements yield discomfort and only gravity is involved, then you have identified the problem and can work with the new gravity exercises for a few months and relieve the discomfort.

That's a good explanation.
Governmental dependance makes for poor self reliance.

"What could possibly go wrong with a duct tape boat?"  Cody Lundin

The best defense against evil men are good men with violent skill sets.