Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
EDC IFAK - Picture thread
Show your EDC IFAK.  What kind of pouch or kit you use, and why.  What are your contents, and why did you choose those particulars.  Be a great way to share ideas.   Smile
Governmental dependance makes for poor self reliance.

"What could possibly go wrong with a duct tape boat?"  Cody Lundin

The best defense against evil men are good men with violent skill sets.
Below is my EDC with my IFAK inside it. I don't actually carry one on my person, just in my EDC bag. When I have a jacket on, most times I have a tourniquet in one of the pockets. I do have a small kit that I will wear on my belt on a rare occasion. I will have to see if I can find a link to it.

(It would only allow me to post 5 pictures, so had to create another post)

Here is a link to one that on rare occasions I wear on my belt, but most of the time I either have my EDC or I have my range bag, which both have more comprehensive kits in them.

https://fsastore.com/AMK-Trauma-Pak-Pro-...23698.aspx
I found this ankle kit. I keep a tourniquet and an Isreali bandage along with a leatherman in it.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(10-30-2017, 11:12 AM)What is that actual bag that you\re using? It looks cool bmyers Wrote: Below is my EDC with my IFAK inside it. I don't actually carry one on my person, just in my EDC bag. When I have a jacket on, most times I have a tourniquet in one of the pockets. I do have a small kit that I will wear on my belt on a rare occasion. I will have to see if I can find a link to it.

(It would only allow me to post 5 pictures, so had to create another post)

Here is a link to one that on rare occasions I wear on my belt, but most of the time I either have my EDC or I have my range bag, which both have more comprehensive kits in them.

https://fsastore.com/AMK-Trauma-Pak-Pro-...23698.aspx
Link to my bag, which I have in black:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00XTZVU4S/ref...UTF8&psc=1

[Image: attachment.php?thumbnail=228]
Here's my EDC IFAK:

In the closed up position;  I would have preferred the color to be red but I liked the pouch well enough to overlook the color.  And it had the cross on it for a FAK identifier so I figured that was sufficient if I had to direct someone else to 'get the FAK out of my bag'.  

[Image: 38034026192_937d2a489e_z.jpg]

In the open position:

[Image: 38065327981_491c489319_z.jpg]

Starting on the left, that is my MTM ventilator for CPR mouth-to-mouth breathing.  This is the type I use at work and I actually have one just like this on my duty belt.  I was able to get a bunch of extras so I have them in each vehicle as well.  It is a nice heavy duty case to protect the mask and contents which is gloves and some wipes.

At the bottom is the Israeli pressure bandage.  I normally carry two but opened one yesterday to train my family on it's use should they ever need to know.  I have ordered a couple more so I'll add the second one when it arrives.  I also have these in each GHB and the home FAK.

The blue kit on the right is slightly smaller than the CVS shell I was using so it fits easier in the EDC sling bag (which is now the Lunada).  I like how it folds open as the contents stay more secure yet provides easier access.  

Starting at the top pocket;  Triangle bandage and bandage scissors (behind the triangle bandage).  

Second pocket;  This is the boo-boo pouch where I have the various sized bandaids and butterfly strips.

Third pocket;  This pouch is underneath the emergency space blanket you see in the pic.  I holds various sized gauze pads and two Israeli dressing packs (the kind that have a big gauze pad and the wraps that fold out to each side).  The 'balls' you see on either side of the space blanket are rubber gloves folded into balls.

Fourth pocket;  This is the orange zippered kit that pulls out.  This is the 'bleeding' kit.  It contains a Quick-Clot sponge and multiple sized packets of Celox which is a hemostatic powder.  Also contains a sealed pair of gloves.  

Flip-out pouches;  These three pockets contain alcohol wipes, iodine wipes, antiseptic towelettes, compressed hand towels, aspirin and alka-seltzer and also a small mirror (to be able to see your own face or areas underneath or on your back).  

Right now I feel pretty good about this EDC IFAK.  It covers the normal boo-boos to 'some' serious trauma.  Can't carry an emergency room worth of stuff, or a pharmacy of course but I feel pretty good that it covers a fairly wide range of possibilities.  Nothing for airway such as tubes and such but then I'm not qualified or experienced it that area.  I'm a CPR instructor and first-responder as far as my level of training with some extra experience simply due to experience.  I need to add some duct tape to the kit as I do have training in chest seals/sucking chest wounds.  I don't have a vent seal but I can improvise until I add one to the kit.  Also would like to find a source for small packets of various ointments as I don't want to cram tubes of anitibacterial ointment in the kit.  

Right now, overall though I feel pretty good with the kit as far as my level of skill set.
Governmental dependance makes for poor self reliance.

"What could possibly go wrong with a duct tape boat?"  Cody Lundin

The best defense against evil men are good men with violent skill sets.