Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
EDC IFAK - Picture thread
Rgr. Sounds good.
Enjoying the discussions here, while we look yet again at another snow fall....ughh
Yes, like Bmeyers said I'm a Deputy (27 years).  I'm also an instructor in various areas.  First responder and CPR is one of those areas.  Not the equal of an EMT, paramedic etc but it is something I've used fairly extensively over the years.  Mostly suicide attempts, seizures, drug overdoses and physical altercations.  

I've tried to design the IFAK I carry around day-to-day needs but also with an eye towards gun shot wounds which, imho, anyone who carries should consider as standard equipment.
Governmental dependance makes for poor self reliance.

"What could possibly go wrong with a duct tape boat?"  Cody Lundin

The best defense against evil men are good men with violent skill sets.
I don't carry a bag as such.  I have #95 masks, first aid kit, Israeli bandages in the car.  I even have a couple of the newer designed tourniquets.  You never know when you will have to use skills.  Heimlich - used on a woman in a restaurant in North Hollywood.  CPR - Beijing Airport on fellow traveler.  Wasn't breathing for 7 minutes.  There are no such things as a public EMT/paramedics on the streets of China.  Blot clot - used the supply in the cabinet on myself when cut with a serrated blade.
Skills are very important. You can have all the right tools, but without the skill to use them, they are just nice paper weights.
I have various first aid videos posted in this section if anyone should need them for refresher.  May have to send out that link on FB as well...

Was just going through my bag and making sure things were up-to-date and reminded me of this thread.

Thought I would toss up a friendly reminder to check you EDC bags and make sure nothing has expired or that you haven't used something up and forgotten to replace it.
and also to refill stuff that you may have used. Thats why I like to buy bulk ish stuff and use that to refill smaller kits that are spread throughout your life (EDC, Car, house, work kits)
Probably about time for me to check the charge on my rechargeable batteries...