Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Love me some shotguns.
Picked up a couple "new" shotguns off of the used rack at work. Made up a little vid with em'. Enjoy.

When I first learned to hunt, grandpa taught me with a single shot 410. My dad has the gun right now, someday it will be mine.
Couple of really nice finds Frank.  I especially like that .410.  Good tip on using the sleeve for rifle rounds, I'll have to remember that.
Governmental dependance makes for poor self reliance.

"What could possibly go wrong with a duct tape boat?"  Cody Lundin

The best defense against evil men are good men with violent skill sets.
Good video.

All of my shotguns are 40+ years old. I have Stevens side-by-side that is my hunting gun - it works for everything. I also have a snake charmer .410 that has had duty as the truck gun. The beauty of the 410 is that it is fairly accurate with .45LC as well. The drawback is it is a single shot. The home defense shotgun is a 870 Wingmaster with a birds-head grip and tube extension that has an 18.5" barrel and detachable 3 cell Maglight. I have it topped off with Fiocchi low-recoil 00 buckshot - it is supposed to be 2 & 3/4 but actual length is 2 & 9/16, so I can get an extra shell in the tube.

The rifle round sleeve is also a great idea.
I did some research on the Sportsman 58 and found out it was made in July of 1958. I've also refinished the gun, carefully using some 0000 steel wool(non-scratching) with 91% alcohol to clean off the rust on the metal parts and then I reblued them so they look nearly new. I've also refinished the stock using Danish Oil and found a recoil pad that fits a bit better than the first one I had on it. All in all I really LOVE this gun.
A copper scrub pad works great for removing rust also without marring the finish.  That Mossberg I just sold had surface rust on the barrel when I bought it so I did a little research.  Went to Lowes and bought a pack of three of those copper scrubby Brillo type pads.  Added a bit of gun oil and the surface rust came off with very little effort.
Governmental dependance makes for poor self reliance.

"What could possibly go wrong with a duct tape boat?"  Cody Lundin

The best defense against evil men are good men with violent skill sets.
Not to totally change the subject but I've got my eye on a Browning Double Auto at work. It's a 29 1/2" bbl, modified chock with the gray finish. They're only two shots but for some reason this shotgun really intrigues me. I think it'd be a fun Dove gun or maybe for Sporting Clays.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hunting shotguns/rifles and gear thread David 7 1,802 08-20-2016, 12:05 PM
Last Post: David