Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
M2R Warrior
I just ordered Olight's new M2R Warrior flashlight. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbeUDW2kADY
If you'd like to see an indepth review done over at BLF:

Review Olight M2R Warrior
Governmental dependance makes for poor self reliance.

"What could possibly go wrong with a duct tape boat?"  Cody Lundin

The best defense against evil men are good men with violent skill sets.
My light arrived yesterday. Nice sturdy light, bigger than my S2R, but still very pocketable, which I have it in my front pocket it right now.

I tried it with my older Olight base charger and it worked just fine. It works in the typical Olight fashion with the side button cycling you through the different setting. The tailcap switch is very nice, you can partially depress for momentary light or click all the way for on.

I like the ability to switch the clip, which I have mine setup for button up carry. It lights up a room well on high setting. I haven't used it on the turbo setting, probably this weekend get it out early morning and play around with it some.

So far very pleased.
Here a a couple of photos

The light next to my everyday carry pocket knife

Light next to a couple of items in my office to try to give you an idea of the size.
Truly a nice light.  Good quality.  Did it come with an 18650 battery as well?  What type of 18650 batteries do you have?

Yes, it came with a Olight 3.6 volt 18650 3500mah battery. This flashlight no longer uses the Olight proprietary batteries, but any rechargable can be used and charged in it.

I haven't tried any other batteries, but next Friday I'm going to order a couple and when they get in give them a try.
I'm going to suggest Mountain Electronics:

Mountain Electronics

The guy that runs it is named Richard.  He has a excellent reputation on BLF.  I just ordered a couple of IMR 18350 batteries for the Nitecore EC11 I ordered off Amazon.  I ordered the batteries Saturday afternoon, they shipped on Saturday and they are out for delivery today!  That's good service.  Richard doesn't sell junk batteries like you'll find on Ebay and other places.  He only sells the high quality name brand batteries (and other stuff).  And you'll see in a lot of the battery listings links to HK (not the gun maker) that does reviews of batteries on BLF.

He is now the only place I will purchase batteries.  China has a habit of making cheap cells and wrapping them in name brand wrappers.  China also dramatically inflates the mAh on their batteries.  Richard on the other hand is a trusted source.  Otherwise he'd not have the reputation he does on BLF.