Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DIY solar water filter

Governmental dependance makes for poor self reliance.

"What could possibly go wrong with a duct tape boat?"  Cody Lundin

The best defense against evil men are good men with violent skill sets.

that is so freaking awesome. It SHOULD work with Salt Water for desal?
Reading the comments in the videos, some say it works and some don't.  I don't know but it would be neat to try.

(10-08-2017, 01:51 AM)David Wrote:

I serious doubt that was gotten in a day, a couple of days probably.  But that is not enough to survive.
I guess if you made a couple dozen of those, you might get enough for one person.
The solar stuff is easy, it is getting the VOLUME needed which is a pain.
The problem I have, we are quickly approaching winter time when this setup would freeze instead of producing water.
1.  There is another video out there using 2 liter soda bottles.  I made I forget how many setups 6-8.  Then I also put aside at least 8 2 liter empty bottles with caps.  I used a kind of drill bit that had "wings" with a cutting edge.  I don't know the proper terminology.  No need to mark the top.  Hold the cap you are drilling through with a piece of wood backup and use a pair of pliers to hold the cap.  In theory, the concept works.
2.  nothing will kill radiation.  Hopefully you won't be blowing other gases than water vapor into the upper container.
3.  The UN uses a 2 liter soda bottle spray painted black on one side.  The  problems are as follows
     a.  the one bottle technique will purify only.  It will not filter.  This means you would have to separately filter like with a coffee filter.
     b.  you won't be able to remove salt (so saltwater is out).  It will not remove heavy metals. It probably has no effect on other chemicals.
This may be an interesting project for the upcoming SEP gathering.  See if it actually works or not.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Video DIY solar generator David 22 4,867 09-15-2015, 12:18 PM
Last Post: Tom Mac