Poll: What will David choose?
HK P30SK
Gen 4 Glock 26
Are you kidding me? David will change his mind three times and then probably trade for something else!
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What will David choose?
I bought a Gen 3 Glock 26 in OD green this weekend.  Has the Glock installed Mep night sights and four mags came with it.  I was very tempted to qualify with that one over the Gen 4 but I really like those Trijicon HD sights and the orange front sight is quick to acquire.  I could have had them swap them but just don't feel like the hassle.

To be honest, I have some of my others guns up for a sale/trade with the intention of getting another G26.  Gen 3 or 4 doesn't really matter as long as it's in great shape.  If I do then I'll give it to my son and take back the Gen 2.5 so I've got all three generations in my collection.  

I really like the OD green on that Gen3 but the interchangeable back straps and the Trij HD sights trumps higher.  

Armorer checks it over tomorrow and then Friday is qualification.  Basically, as an instructor I'll run the obstacle course and qualify with the duty/off-duty guns and the rest of the time I'm with the instructors and not the class.  This keeps both my FDLE certifications as well as my instructor certifications current and active.  

Think I'll be sticking with the G26 format.  Smile
Governmental dependance makes for poor self reliance.

"What could possibly go wrong with a duct tape boat?"  Cody Lundin

The best defense against evil men are good men with violent skill sets.
Just curios what is your duty firearm? I'm guessing you have stated somewhere along the way, I just don't remember reading it anywhere.
Glock 21 .45acp with 230g GD.
Governmental dependance makes for poor self reliance.

"What could possibly go wrong with a duct tape boat?"  Cody Lundin

The best defense against evil men are good men with violent skill sets.
Another reason for the G26, no learning curve or manipulation changes from duty to off-duty. Our officers carry the G41 and several of them carry the G26 when off duty. The last time I shot against them, I used my G26 and they used their duty firearm and the assistant chief beat me by 10 seconds. If I was just a little quicker on my reloads I would of shaved that 10 seconds off there. (We shot and IDPA classifier.) The assistant chief was teasing me about he thought I said I was better shot than him. I told him next time I will shot my G19 and I will beat him or we both can shot with our G26s and see who wins. Smile