Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dave Canterbury

Governmental dependance makes for poor self reliance.

"What could possibly go wrong with a duct tape boat?"  Cody Lundin

The best defense against evil men are good men with violent skill sets.

Love or hate the man, but he made his mark with the pioneers before him. His name is up there with Nessmuck and Kephart IMO.
History is not dead to the man who would learn how the present came to be what it is.

In The Age Of Information, Ignorance Is A Choice.
I like Dave a lot.
I am sorry he lied about his Military service, but he was the perfect partner to Cody, and that was a great show. Dave, from what I have seen, is not pretentious and believes what he does, I liked that.
It seems as if the survival thing has come and gone on TV.
Ahh, well, everything goes around and come around again (although I probably will be dead before it comes back around again).
(12-08-2017, 11:16 PM)Dr. Dickie Wrote: I like Dave a lot.
I am sorry he lied about his Military service, but he was the perfect partner to Cody, and that was a great show. Dave, from what I have seen, is not pretentious and believes what he does, I liked that.
It seems as if the survival thing has come and gone on TV.
Ahh, well, everything goes around and come around again (although I probably will be dead before it comes back around again).

I agree. Even old reruns are getting harder to find. I guess it's the end of a phase. I've seen Matt Graham on a Bushcraft Buildoff game but it's rubbish. It kind of lives on on YouTube. But I find myself always going back to Dave's videos. I don't know why he "embellished" his resume. The man has the gift of woodsy wisdom. I guess it's inevitable human error.
History is not dead to the man who would learn how the present came to be what it is.

In The Age Of Information, Ignorance Is A Choice.