Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
National Reciprocity
I'd like to see all the bills as stand alone. It would cut out all the crap going on.
Governmental dependance makes for poor self reliance.

"What could possibly go wrong with a duct tape boat?"  Cody Lundin

The best defense against evil men are good men with violent skill sets.
Just curious, trying to figure out what the issue is with the NICS Fix Bill? Understand, if I had it my way, the whole NICS system would be gone. Yet, this bill seems to force agencies that should be reporting to it, to actually report to it. I don't see it changing the requirements/qualifications of who can or cannot buy a firearm. I know several amendments were proposed and all them defeated. The reality is no law should be need, but that isn't the current reality even though the Constitution is clear on the matter.

Just trying to get an understanding.
(12-07-2017, 03:48 AM)Ronin.45 Wrote: I don't even want the national reciprocity bill to advance if they are going to tack other bullshit onto it. We can't get ahead by losing one thing to gain another.

Agreed 100%. Either keep it original or just drop it. Anything more or less is another gun control law.
[Image: confedsouthcarolina.gif][Image: confedsouthcarolina.gif]In The Age Of Information, Ignorance Is A Choice.
(12-07-2017, 11:32 AM)bmyers Wrote: Just curious, trying to figure out what the issue is with the NICS Fix Bill? Understand, if I had it my way, the whole NICS system would be gone. Yet, this bill seems to force agencies that should be reporting to it, to actually report to it. I don't see it changing the requirements/qualifications of who can or cannot buy a firearm. I know several amendments were proposed and all them defeated. The reality is no law should be need, but that isn't the current reality even though the Constitution is clear on the matter.

Just trying to get an understanding.

I agree that, under the current system, getting all agencies to cooperate on NICS is not a bad thing. The problem I've heard is that it also tries to redefine some of the "prohibited person" language that would strip rights from certain folks without cause.