Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
National Reciprocity

Governmental dependance makes for poor self reliance.

"What could possibly go wrong with a duct tape boat?"  Cody Lundin

The best defense against evil men are good men with violent skill sets.
I don't even see this as an argument. The Constitution already gives national reciprocity, it's just not enforced by the feds...yet.
I see the biggest stumbling block is all of the "can't have" laws that limit magazine capacity or the shape/profile of a bullet.
Tony
Atlanta
(09-26-2017, 09:54 PM)Tsquare Wrote: I see the biggest stumbling block is all of the "can't have" laws that limit magazine capacity or the shape/profile of a bullet.

Non-issue as I really try to avoid those places on principle...
I disagree with this guy. Supreme court rulings aren't laws. Laws about where you can carry have nothing to do with who can carry or what one can carry. The feds need to keep their noses out of it and let the states work it out. I'm really sorry if you live or have to travel to states like California or New Jersey or some other backward state, but that's life. If you don't like the gun laws in your state, work to change them at the state level. Dragging the feds into anything rarely turns out well.
I have a GA class B CDL drivers license. All 50 states recognize that I can drive a single vehicle with a gross vehicle weight of greater than 26,000 lbs. and all vehicles in the class C status.
I have a GA Weapons Carry License. I should be able to carry in every state in the US, but I can't.

I have zero pull in any other state to influence their laws. The 2nd Amendment has that little part that states "the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." I see that any gun law as unconstitutional and needs to be removed. The concept of "shall not be infringed" is not difficult - it means, Don't do it!
Tony
Atlanta
(09-28-2017, 02:17 PM)Pluto Wrote: I disagree with this guy.  Supreme court rulings aren't laws.  Laws about where you can carry have nothing to do with who can carry or what one can carry.  The feds need to keep their noses out of it and let the states work it out.  I'm really sorry if you live or have to travel to states like California or New Jersey or some other backward state, but that's life.  If you don't like the gun laws in your state, work to change them at the state level.  Dragging the feds into anything rarely turns out well.

Read the Constitution/ Bill of Rights then explain to me how the states have the right to infringe upon my constitutional  rights?   I'll give you a hint...

Tenth Amendment....

"The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the states, are reserved to the states respectively, or to the people."

The second amendment is clearly spelled out in the Bill of Rights/ Constitution and is a power delegated to the US and not the states. 
Well, had some good movement today. But saw where the useless are wanting to hijack the act.
[Image: confedsouthcarolina.gif][Image: confedsouthcarolina.gif]In The Age Of Information, Ignorance Is A Choice.
I don't even want the national reciprocity bill to advance if they are going to tack other bullshit onto it. We can't get ahead by losing one thing to gain another.
(12-07-2017, 03:48 AM)Ronin.45 Wrote: I don't even want the national reciprocity bill to advance if they are going to tack other bullshit onto it. We can't get ahead by losing one thing to gain another.
+1

It should be stand alone.
Tony
Atlanta