Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New guy from the Peoples Republic of Illinois
I just learned about this board through an invite on GT, checked it out and thought I could gain some valuable insight. After having spent several years in Chicago (for education and work purposes only), I live in an area in Illinois which is mixed (rural / suburban). I want to be as far away from the city as possible for obvious reasons.

I am an Army veteran and currently work as an administrator (Chief Deputy) for a sheriff’s department. Retirement is on the horizon, but I may end up not pulling the plug until my youngest daughter graduates high school in three years. I do the firearms training and range duties for several local departments and I also teach concealed carry on the private side.

Several years ago, some of my friends encouraged me to start ‘collecting’ things that would make my life easier should things go dreadfully wrong. I always want to be prepared for any situation and believe that it is better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it. I look forward to sharing ideas, but will likely read a lot more a lot more than I post, until I get a handle on it. Stay safe and be prepared.
Welcome and glad you made the trip over from GT.  A LOT of GT'er here!

We have a lot in common, been a Deputy for 26+ years now.  DT/firearms instructor plus other HL certs.  Also teach civilian SD courses including firearms.  Enjoy the board, lot of good folks here.

Smile
Governmental dependance makes for poor self reliance.

"What could possibly go wrong with a duct tape boat?"  Cody Lundin

The best defense against evil men are good men with violent skill sets.
Welcome from a fellow Land of Lincoln resident.

Although, we are considered part of the St. Louis Metropolitan area, we are on the Illinois side.
Welcome to the board, looking foreword leaning something from you.
(08-28-2017, 08:50 PM)bmyers Wrote: Welcome from a fellow Land of Lincoln resident.

Although, we are considered part of the St. Louis Metropolitan area, we are on the Illinois side.
I'm in Saluki country and have spent a lot of time in the Metro-East area. Went to police academy at SWIC.
Welcome from Florida...
(08-28-2017, 11:10 PM)slamdunc Wrote:
(08-28-2017, 08:50 PM)bmyers Wrote: Welcome from a fellow Land of Lincoln resident.

I'm in Saluki country and have spent a lot of time in the Metro-East area.  Went to police academy at SWIC.

I'm in Madison County. I had a meeting with Scott Williams a few weeks back from SILEC about the Sheepdog Seminar we hosting. Anyone from your direction coming to the event?

http://www.sheepdogsafetytraining.com/be...r-16-2017/

I guess you got to enjoy the complete solar eclipse being from Saluki area. I know we had several that headed down to Carbonadale to participate in the events going on.
(08-29-2017, 10:53 AM)bmyers Wrote:
(08-28-2017, 11:10 PM)slamdunc Wrote:

I'm in Saluki country and have spent a lot of time in the Metro-East area.  Went to police academy at SWIC.

I'm in Madison County. I had a meeting with Scott Williams a few weeks back from SILEC about the Sheepdog Seminar we hosting. Anyone from your direction coming to the event?

http://www.sheepdogsafetytraining.com/be...r-16-2017/

I guess you got to enjoy the complete solar eclipse being from Saluki area. I know we had several that headed down to Carbonadale to participate in the events going on.
We had a massive influx of people for the eclipse and it didn't result in much of anything except a boost for the economy and huge traffic jams lol. I was unaware of the training, but will look into it. I was recently assigned to the Child Death Investigation Task Force and missed the June training but will be there for the one in October if it is still a go.