Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Concealed Carry Insurance
Let's discuss the NRA Carry Guard and the USCCA. I'm pretty much sold on the USCCA. But I like how the Carry Guard insures both you and your spouse with just one membership.
We have USCCA and the reason we went with USCCA is because they would cover us when we volunteer on the church safety team. I talked with Second Call Defense and NRA Insurance (this was before they had Carry Guard) and neither of them would cover us on the safety team. I explained that it was all volunteer and that we were not being paid, didn't matter, they said it would fall under the church policy and they would not cover an incident if it occurred.

I contacted USCCA and they stated that they would cover us as long as we were not being paid. They also referred me to the section in the policy. They then offered a discounted rate to our church safety team members, so several of us took advantage of the offer and have USCCA as our coverage. Like all insurance coverage, you hope you never have to find out how good it truly is.
Another consideration for the USCCA is that as long as one person in the house has coverage (let's say the husband/father) then everyone in the house is covered for an incident inside the home.  I thought that was an attractive selling point.

One of my buddies here in our agency looked into all of them and came away with feeling the USCCA was the best all around.  That's what he and his wife (who is on my shift) went with.

I've also have been heavily considering them.
Governmental dependance makes for poor self reliance.

"What could possibly go wrong with a duct tape boat?"  Cody Lundin

The best defense against evil men are good men with violent skill sets.
how much do they run a month? USCCA that is.
Depends on which plan you choose:

SELF-DEFENSE SHIELD: MADE FOR RESPONSIBLE GUN OWNERS
Governmental dependance makes for poor self reliance.

"What could possibly go wrong with a duct tape boat?"  Cody Lundin

The best defense against evil men are good men with violent skill sets.
(08-28-2017, 11:04 AM)bmyers Wrote: We have USCCA and the reason we went with USCCA is because they would cover us when we volunteer on the church safety team. I talked with Second Call Defense and NRA Insurance (this was before they had Carry Guard) and neither of them would cover us on the safety team. I explained that it was all volunteer and that we were not being paid, didn't matter, they said it would fall under the church policy and they would not cover an incident if it occurred.

I contacted USCCA and they stated that they would cover us as long as we were not being paid. They also referred me to the section in the policy. They then offered a discounted rate to our church safety team members, so several of us took advantage of the offer and have USCCA as our coverage. Like all insurance coverage, you hope you never have to find out how good it truly is.

So let me get this straight... Carry Guard only covers for specific intentions, am I correct? Because my guns are with me all the time and I use them for many different purposes. Church Safety Team is one.
(08-30-2017, 02:38 PM)JRSC Wrote:
(08-28-2017, 11:04 AM)bmyers Wrote: We have USCCA and the reason we went with USCCA is because they would cover us when we volunteer on the church safety team. I talked with Second Call Defense and NRA Insurance (this was before they had Carry Guard) and neither of them would cover us on the safety team. I explained that it was all volunteer and that we were not being paid, didn't matter, they said it would fall under the church policy and they would not cover an incident if it occurred.

So let me get this straight... Carry Guard only covers for specific intentions, am I correct? Because my guns are with me all the time and I use them for many different purposes. Church Safety Team is one.

I can't speak if Carry Guard does, I checked on this before Carry Guard was released. NRA had another carry insurance, I want to say it was with Lockton, but I don't remember. 

If you are interested in Carry Guard, that is a very specific question you need to ask them to make sure they will cover you if something happens.
thanks!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Woods carry: Revolver David 12 178 11-07-2019, 01:11 AM
Last Post: Bob
  Woods carry: .40 S&W or .357sig? David 33 5,228 04-18-2019, 10:48 PM
Last Post: fishingjeff
  Single Stack Carry Thread (w/pics) David 26 3,433 04-16-2019, 10:36 AM
Last Post: bmyers
  Carry tips, hints and suggestions Bob 7 1,133 11-26-2018, 01:04 AM
  .380 is just too dangerous for carry Bob 2 782 09-26-2018, 01:50 AM
  Appendix Carry David 22 5,138 06-30-2018, 12:40 PM
Last Post: David
  Single Stack Carry poll David 10 2,341 06-21-2018, 12:59 PM
Last Post: ghost
  Israeli Carry David 6 2,139 05-05-2018, 12:28 PM
Information Five Things To Have for Concealed Carry David 10 3,397 01-05-2018, 04:44 PM
Last Post: bmyers
  Florida concealed pistol permit? mac66 1 705 12-04-2017, 01:31 AM