Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wilderness Survival Skill Testing
How many of you have put your skills to the test before? 

What all did you bring with you? Did you really need it or find that something was useless? What did you find to be a necessity? 

How much or how little actual gear did you test yourself with?

What did you learn about yourself? Did you exceed or underperform your expectations?
History is not dead to the man who would learn how the present came to be what it is.

In The Age Of Information, Ignorance Is A Choice.
The bugs are downright ridiculous this year. Might be waiting till fall for anymore outings.
History is not dead to the man who would learn how the present came to be what it is.

Close. My late wife and I went overland through Africa, southern Europe, across Asia - bus/walking. I carried 19 pounds plus a bread bag. Her pack weighed 21 pounds. Sneakers/mountain climbing boots, wind breaker, sweater, change of under clothes and shirt, spare jeans. Critical - knives/toiletries, wash cloth, small towel. You share toiletries because of weight. You will not be able to buy shoes/jeans outside the US or northern European countries.

As for bugs - most people think that they are survivalists until they have to deal with no-see'ms and mosquitoes. Buy a couple of nets for over the wide brim hat and you will be ok.
(06-13-2018, 03:24 AM)bdcochran Wrote: Close.  My late wife and I went overland through Africa, southern Europe, across Asia - bus/walking.  I carried 19 pounds plus a bread bag.  Her pack weighed 21 pounds.  Sneakers/mountain climbing boots, wind breaker, sweater, change of under clothes and shirt, spare jeans.  Critical - knives/toiletries, wash cloth, small towel.  You share toiletries because of weight.  You will not be able to buy shoes/jeans outside the US or northern European countries.  

As for bugs - most people think that they are survivalists until they have to deal with no-see'ms and mosquitoes.  Buy a couple of nets for over the wide brim hat and you will be ok.

Lol! I've had my fill! I've never seen such huge mosquitoes before until this year. Or should I say blood sucking pteranodons.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Survival walking stick David 8 1,204 12-19-2017, 05:43 PM
Last Post: David
  Survival hunting w/handgun caliber David 17 6,597 09-12-2016, 12:55 PM
  When Disaster Strikes! True Survival Stories David 2 1,145 09-20-2015, 12:31 PM