Survival & Emergency Preparedness Board
Why you should be against Kavenaugh - Printable Version

+- Survival & Emergency Preparedness Board (http://sepboard.us)
+-- Forum: General (http://sepboard.us/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (http://sepboard.us/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Why you should be against Kavenaugh (/showthread.php?tid=1542)

Why you should be against Kavenaugh - Bob - 10-11-2018

Here is how far out of wack our society has gone.  By which, I mean both Republicans and Democrats.

Kavenaugh is one of the prime architects of the Patriot Act.  Most people probably don't fully understand how that thing really works, but like any "Act" it is actually does the opposite of what it says.  [Example: Affordable Care actually makes healthcare  unaffordable.]

In summary:  Those opposing the law have criticized its authorization of indefinite detentions of immigrants; the permission given law enforcement officers to search a home or business without the owner's or the occupant's consent or knowledge; the expanded use of National Security Letters, which allows the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) to search telephone, e-mail, and financial records without a court order; and the expanded access of law enforcement agencies to business records, including library and financial records. Since its passage, several legal challenges have been brought against the act, and federal courts have ruled that a number of provisions are unconstitutional.

A "number" of issues?  The whole thing is rotten to the core.  

Kavanaugh is a guy who said that the Patriot Act was fundamentally against the 4th and 5th Amendments of the Constitution, but so important that they should be ignored.

That's right kids - if you are supporting Kavanaugh, and anyone who support his nomination, you are supporting and voting for people who do not believe in the Constitution of the United States, or the due process to make such changes when needed.

Don't argue about it, don't make any excuses....just accept that you are a dirty, filthy STATIST that accepts their Constitutional rights being raped and pillaged.  When that turns out badly for you, don't say you didn't know it.

One would think a brief explanation of that would be more than enough to embarrass ANYONE not to support him.  Idiot media never told anyone that, and stupid liberals came up with wacky fake #metoo woman.  Meanwhile, conservatives just drooled considering the things he'd support them doing....You know - things that are NOT about your rights or freedom.

RE: Why you should be against Kavenaugh - bmyers - 10-11-2018

You would never know this by the debate/investigation that the Senators completed. All I know is that the guy was accused of a crime from 30+ years ago with no evidence except his word verses her word. Plus, he liked to drink beer.

It was a shame watching the games that was suppose to be an investigation.

RE: Why you should be against Kavenaugh - Bob - 10-11-2018

Yeah - that whole accused = guilty without due process, which wouldn't have got past step 1 thing wasn't pretty either.

But like I say - Democrats and Republicans are not about the Constitution or your Freedom.

If she had made a criminal charge, it would have went investigation started, 5 interviews, dismissed, DA "Honey, I'm really sorry. Something happened to you somewhere sometime maybe, but you need to get some help."

RE: Why you should be against Kavenaugh - mac66 - 10-12-2018

(10-11-2018, 02:15 AM)Bob Wrote: Here is how far out of wack our society has gone.  By which, I mean both Republicans and Democrats.

Kavenaugh is one of the prime architects of the Patriot Act.  Most people probably don't fully understand how that thing really works, but like any "Act" it is actually does the opposite of what it says.  [Example: Affordable Care actually makes healthcare  unaffordable.]

In summary:  Those opposing the law have criticized its authorization of indefinite detentions of immigrants; the permission given law enforcement officers to search a home or business without the owner's or the occupant's consent or knowledge; the expanded use of National Security Letters, which allows the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) to search telephone, e-mail, and financial records without a court order; and the expanded access of law enforcement agencies to business records, including library and financial records. Since its passage, several legal challenges have been brought against the act, and federal courts have ruled that a number of provisions are unconstitutional.

A "number" of issues?  The whole thing is rotten to the core.  

Kavanaugh is a guy who said that the Patriot Act was fundamentally against the 4th and 5th Amendments of the Constitution, but so important that they should be ignored.

That's right kids - if you are supporting Kavanaugh, and anyone who support his nomination, you are supporting and voting for people who do not believe in the Constitution of the United States, or the due process to make such changes when needed.

Don't argue about it, don't make any excuses....just accept that you are a dirty, filthy STATIST that accepts their Constitutional rights being raped and pillaged.  When that turns out badly for you, don't say you didn't know it.

One would think a brief explanation of that would be more than enough to embarrass ANYONE not to support him.  Idiot media never told anyone that, and stupid liberals came up with wacky fake #metoo woman.  Meanwhile, conservatives just drooled considering the things he'd support them doing....You know - things that are NOT about your rights or freedom

Now you tell us and what other choice did we have?  May not be the best choice but he's the best we had to choose from.  It's sad that we have to compromise but compromise is a way of life.

RE: Why you should be against Kavenaugh - Bob - 10-12-2018

There is compromise, and then there is accepting a $h!t sanwhich.

But most will keep voting Red or Blue - and these are the kinds of options you get. You have the choice to vote for all kinds of other people all the time. You know - people that would uphold the constitution.....and choose Justices that would do the same.

RE: Why you should be against Kavenaugh - bmyers - 10-13-2018

I wish your statement was true,

"You have the choice to vote for all kinds of other people all the time"

At least in my area, it is very rare that you have a third party candidate.

RE: Why you should be against Kavenaugh - Bob - 10-13-2018

You can run....

RE: Why you should be against Kavenaugh - bmyers - 10-13-2018

I was asked to run for City Board, but turned it down. I have enough other things going on and I like serving on the Planning and Zoning Board. Keeps me busy and involved in the city and still allows time for other things.

RE: Why you should be against Kavenaugh - mac66 - 10-15-2018

(10-13-2018, 11:51 AM)Bob Wrote: You can run....

Actually it takes a lot of money to run for office even if you start small.  As an independent you are up against the war chests of the centuries old, entrenched organizations of the Dems and Repubs.  Bottom line "it pays" to be one of the other, it's up to you to determine which is the least offensive.

RE: Why you should be against Kavenaugh - Bob - 10-16-2018

(10-15-2018, 01:13 PM)mac66 Wrote:
(10-13-2018, 11:51 AM)Bob Wrote: You can run....

Actually it takes a lot of money to run for office even if you start small.  As an independent you are up against the war chests of the centuries old, entrenched organizations of the Dems and Repubs.  Bottom line "it pays" to be one of the other, it's up to you to determine which is the least offensive.

That's what Trump did.  He is, in my opinion, really much more of a Democrat than a Republican.  But he was smart enough to know that running as an independent was foolish.