Survival & Emergency Preparedness Board
Single Stack Carry poll - Printable Version

+- Survival & Emergency Preparedness Board (http://sepboard.us)
+-- Forum: Specific (http://sepboard.us/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Forum: Defense (http://sepboard.us/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: Single Stack Carry poll (/showthread.php?tid=1419)

Single Stack Carry poll - David - 06-11-2018

I've started this same poll on other boards as I want to get a good sampling and not have it biased based on the location of the poll.

Simply put in terms of reliability, function, price, capacity, carry etc., what would you choose to EDC out of the three available choices.  Also, some folks may prefer a choice that isn't listed, please participate in the Single Stack Carry Thread in this section with your choice and thoughts.

Thank you.

RE: Single Stack Carry poll - bmyers - 06-11-2018

Of course I went with the G43, especially since I sold my Shield.

RE: Single Stack Carry poll - David - 06-15-2018

It was interesting.  On Glocktalk the G43 was the overwhelming favorite (no surprise of course).  On the Taurus forum the Ruger and Shield were trading spots for #1 and the Glock got hardly any notice at all.  Like 10% or less of the vote.

RE: Single Stack Carry poll - Ronin.45 - 06-15-2018

(06-15-2018, 01:37 PM)David Wrote: It was interesting.  On Glocktalk the G43 was the overwhelming favorite (no surprise of course).  On the Taurus forum the Ruger and Shield were trading spots for #1 and the Glock got hardly any notice at all.  Like 10% or less of the vote.

I think most Glock owners would respond with, "there's a Taurus forum?".

RE: Single Stack Carry poll - David - 06-15-2018

(06-15-2018, 03:07 PM)Ronin.45 Wrote:
(06-15-2018, 01:37 PM)David Wrote: It was interesting.  On Glocktalk the G43 was the overwhelming favorite (no surprise of course).  On the Taurus forum the Ruger and Shield were trading spots for #1 and the Glock got hardly any notice at all.  Like 10% or less of the vote.

I think most Glock owners would respond with, "there's a Taurus forum?".

Big Grin

Actually it's a fairly large forum.  Been a member for years.  Not as long as GT of course.  I'm one of the original members on GT and joined a couple of months after they started.  Boy has it changed and not always for the better.  Too many trolls, tacticool fools and Glocktards.

RE: Single Stack Carry poll - David - 06-20-2018

I've had 50 members vote so far in the SS poll on the Taurus forum.  So far the breakdown is:
  • Ruger 43%
  • Glock 9%
  • Smith 47%
Not a lot of Glock-love there as opposed to the other two offerings.  I was working the shoot-house yesterday as an instructor and got a chance to talk with the lead instructor who is also an armorer for our agency.  We got talking about the S&W M&P/Shield series.  His opinion is that while he very much likes Glock, he wouldn't bat an eye if tomorrow the agency went to the M&P pistols.  He went even farther and said he'd sell all of his Glocks in favor of the M&P line and the only reason he keeps them is that as an armorer he's got all the parts for Glock readily available to him.  Bottom line is that the M&P series is a very good platform in his opinion.  Likes Glock, prefers Smith.  Gives me more confidence in the two Shields I have.