Survival & Emergency Preparedness Board
American Embassy in Israel - Printable Version

+- Survival & Emergency Preparedness Board (http://sepboard.us)
+-- Forum: General (http://sepboard.us/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (http://sepboard.us/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: American Embassy in Israel (/showthread.php?tid=1390)

Pages: 1 2

American Embassy in Israel - David - 05-15-2018

Watched the ceremony yesterday.  Quite an historic occasion.  And it's a bold statement.  Of course there were the expected riots and such.  Might be wise to keep an eye out for blow back because of it here stateside as well as around the world.

RE: American Embassy in Israel - JRSC - 05-15-2018

The timing is idiotic. Doing this right before ramadan was not smart. Especially making rhetoric about if they attack Israel, we'll attack you.... a wonderful act of causing more trouble and instability.

RE: American Embassy in Israel - mac66 - 05-15-2018

Sometimes you just have to stand up to the world and say "you don't like it, tough sh*t!". On the other hand I wonder if this it the tactic he uses for negotiating. He may be planning some sort of historic compromise for the Palestinians.

Trump did it to NORK. Espoused all kinds of tough rhetoric and it looked like we were on the brink. He then gave them a cookie which got some hostages released and set up talks with them. He's taking the hard line with Iran. I wonder what's behind it?

He is brash and abrasive and talks too much, maybe everybody underestimates him because of that.

RE: American Embassy in Israel - David - 05-15-2018

(05-15-2018, 04:43 PM)JRSC Wrote: The timing is idiotic. Doing this right before ramadan was not smart. Especially making rhetoric about if they attack Israel, we'll attack you.... a wonderful act of causing more trouble and instability.

The timing was specific because it was 70 years ago, almost to the minute that Israel became a nation.  It was highly symbolic.  And it wouldn't have mattered the timing anyway, the muslims still would have pitched a fit. You can set your clock by it.

RE: American Embassy in Israel - kirgi08 - 05-16-2018

They did,muslims bringing babies to a protest.Israel is rt tired of the crap.'08.

RE: American Embassy in Israel - bmyers - 05-16-2018

I agree with David, they could of made the move at any point and time and the protest would of happened anyway.

RE: American Embassy in Israel - JRSC - 05-16-2018

I understand the anniversary thing. But it just seems more provocative than "doing the right thing." America and Israel are being set up for failure and I believe there's other things more important than an embassy move right now. Like enforcement and fortifying the 2nd Amendment, bringing the troops home and stopping these pro-globalist wars, actually going after all these enemies of the state, repealing Obamacare, DACA and seeing that TPP, NAFTA and the UN small arms treaty are completely off the table. Actually helping pro-sovereignty nations like Hungary.. These are just a few more important things.

RE: American Embassy in Israel - mac66 - 05-16-2018

(05-16-2018, 12:46 PM)JRSC Wrote: I understand the anniversary thing. But it just seems more provocative than "doing the right thing." America and Israel are being set up for failure and I believe there's other things more important than an embassy move right now. Like enforcement and fortifying the 2nd Amendment, bringing the troops home and stopping these pro-globalist wars, actually going after all these enemies of the state, repealing Obamacare, DACA and seeing that TPP, NAFTA and the UN small arms treaty are completely off the table. Actually helping pro-sovereignty nations like Hungary.. These are just a few more important things.

On one hand I don't think the issues in the Middle East can be fixed so whatever we do can't really make it any worse. It is what it is. Of course if that is true why even try.

So maybe Trump ought to quit mucking around in Syria and Israel and build the freaking wall

Ann Coulter says this...."One more rule to live by: When you come from out of nowhere to beat 16 more experienced candidates as well as the most qualified woman ever to run for president by promising to keep us out of Middle Eastern wars and to put America first, what the voters are trying to tell you is that they want to stay out of the Middle East and put America first."

RE: American Embassy in Israel - JRSC - 05-16-2018

(05-16-2018, 01:08 PM)mac66 Wrote:
(05-16-2018, 12:46 PM)JRSC Wrote: I understand the anniversary thing. But it just seems more provocative than "doing the right thing." America and Israel are being set up for failure and I believe there's other things more important than an embassy move right now. Like enforcement and fortifying the 2nd Amendment, bringing the troops home and stopping these pro-globalist wars, actually going after all these enemies of the state, repealing Obamacare, DACA and seeing that TPP, NAFTA and the UN small arms treaty are completely off the table. Actually helping pro-sovereignty nations like Hungary.. These are just a few more important things.

On one hand I don't think the issues in the Middle East can be fixed so whatever we do can't really make it any worse. It is what it is. Of course if that is true why even try.

So maybe Trump ought to quit mucking around in Syria and Israel and build the freaking wall

Ann Coulter says this...."One more rule to live by: When you come from out of nowhere to beat 16 more experienced candidates as well as the most qualified woman ever to run for president by promising to keep us out of Middle Eastern wars and to put America first, what the voters are trying to tell you is that they want to stay out of the Middle East and put America first."

^this. Get out and stay out of the Middle East. We've been there for decades and have not solved 1 single issue. Can't make America any better acting on false flags in other countries. Trump was voted in to undo the actions of past 9 presidents. It seems he's continuing their legacy.

RE: American Embassy in Israel - David - 05-16-2018

Israel is our number one friend in the region.  It is important to stand up, by and for them.  The move SHOULD have been done a couple of decades ago...well, more like seven decades ago.  It was the right thing for Trump to do.

Those that bless Israel shall be blessed, those that curse Israel shall be cursed.  That applies to nations as well.  

What is happening is as it should be, it's Biblical and scriptural and the stage is being set.