Survival & Emergency Preparedness Board
Gardening 2018 - Printable Version

+- Survival & Emergency Preparedness Board (http://sepboard.us)
+-- Forum: General (http://sepboard.us/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Gardening & Homesteading (http://sepboard.us/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: Gardening 2018 (/showthread.php?tid=1245)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: Gardening 2018 - bdcochran - 03-31-2018

I try to eat at least two of the following every day: collard greens/mustard greens/kale/mung bean sprouts. Today it was collard greens/mustard greens/mung bean sprouts.

I now have 6 cherry tomato plants growing in large plastic pots. I planted cheromoya tree seeds and plum tree seeds. Today I planted an exotic plum tree on the hill. Obtained it from a commercial grower.

I know avocados, but not well enough to read the sprouts. There are at least 500 kinds of avocados. The Zutano has the sprouts, but trees can be male/female/bisexual and require another variety to be nearby to fruit. The nearest ones are a Hass of unknown sex on the neighbor's property and a new Hass of unknown sex that I planted a few months ago.

The lemons and the tangerines are playing out. Ate three tangerines today.

RE: Gardening 2018 - David - 04-06-2018

(03-17-2018, 02:28 PM)kirgi08 Wrote: Kale is hearty,my bro eats it every meal.We had a flip/flop winter,really cold to moderate.His kale produced thru it all.'08.

Just enjoyed a smooth with kale and other greens from the garden, just now.  Good stuff and good for you.  Everything else is coming along nicely and looking forward to having a large amount of tomatoes in a month or so.

RE: Gardening 2018 - kirgi08 - 04-07-2018

<<<<------------- Hates Kale,likes spinach and collard greens.'08.

RE: Gardening 2018 - JRSC - 04-07-2018

I'm waiting on decent weather to stay! Every week we tend to go through every season. Hoping it warms up and stays warm very soon!

RE: Gardening 2018 - David - 04-12-2018

Our garden is flourishing!  Been making kale smoothies, bok choi stir fry and lots of salads.  Yay!!!!  Smile

RE: Gardening 2018 - JRSC - 04-14-2018

Well it's now or never. My gardening season has just began. I decided to do a bigger garden this year. I planted at least 12 spaghetti squash plants I've raised from seedlings. Today added a couple jalapeños and a couple bell peppers, I'm growing more mint this year, as well as tomatoes. Trying a Cherokee Purple for the first time. Everybody says they're very good so I'm going to see for myself.

RE: Gardening 2018 - kirgi08 - 04-14-2018

Try some medical herbs.'08.

RE: Gardening 2018 - bdcochran - 04-14-2018

(04-14-2018, 03:37 PM)kirgi08 Wrote: Try some medical herbs.'08.

RE: Gardening 2018 - Tom Mac - 04-15-2018

had some potted plants out, and forgot them the other day... during night dropped below freezing here, back to the start.
( yesterday was almost 70, today 40 and dropping during day ; cold front from N )
winter not leaving yet

RE: Gardening 2018 - JRSC - 04-16-2018

(04-15-2018, 01:17 PM)Tom Mac Wrote: had some potted plants out, and forgot them the other day... during night dropped below freezing here, back to the start.
( yesterday was almost 70, today 40 and dropping during day ; cold front from N )
winter not leaving yet

I completely understand this. I believe this is another season where spring is going to consist of battling cold weather and afterwards we go into straight up summer. 

I have just a little backyard garden. I can't imagine the days where your life depended on the success of your crops...